The No. 12 Texas Tech Red Raiders (22-8, 10-7 Big 12) and TCU Horned Frogs (21-9, 9-8 Big 12) will battle at United Supermarkets Arena to bring the regular season to a close. Tip-off is scheduled for 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, March 3, 2018.
TCU Horned Frogs at Texas Tech Red Raiders ATS Preview
In the Horned Frogs last contest, they defeated the Kansas State Wildcats, 66-59. Kenrich Williams led TCU in scoring with 16 points on 7-for-12 shooting. TCU dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a solid free throw rate of 0.288 (above their season average of 0.242) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 33.3 (below their season average of 35.0). For those same stats, Kansas State recorded marks of 0.094 and 20.7, respectively.
The Red Raiders are hoping for a better outcome after their 84-74 loss to the No. 20 West Virginia Mountaineers in their last outing. Jarrett Culver was the games high scorer with 26 points on 8-for-13 shooting. West Virginia had a turnover percentage of 6.6 (better than their season average of 13.7). Texas Tech, on the other hand, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 45.7 (above their season average of 33.5).
The high-powered offense of Texas Tech will battle against the mid-tier defense of TCU. The Red Raiders rank 78th in offensive efficiency, while the Horned Frogs are 251st in defensive efficiency. The Red Raiders should have the edge on that end of the court.
These teams have already met once this season. The Red Raiders won 83-71. The Red Raiders dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a turnover percentage of 14.6 and a fantastic effective field goal percentage of 0.600. For those same stats, the Horned Frogs were 21.6 and 0.549, respectively. Culver was the games top overall scorer with 20 points.
TCU Horned Frogs vs. Texas Tech Red Raiders Betting Prediction
Free Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Texas Tech, ATS Winner – Texas Tech, O/U – Over
- The Horned Frogs rank 180th in three pointers attempted per game (21.2) while the Red Raiders rank 229th (19.7).
- TCU allows the eighth-fewest rebounds per game (30.1) while Texas Tech ranks 33rd (31.6).
- Texas Tech ranks 14th in assists allowed per game (10.4) while TCU ranks 247th (16.0).
- The Red Raiders average 4.2 blocks per game, which ranks 44th in the nation. The Horned Frogs rank 179th in blocks allowed per game (4.2).
- Texas Tech ranks 32nd in steals per game (7.6) while TCU ranks 115th in steals allowed per game (6.2).
- The Red Raiders have been outscored by an average of 2.4 points in their last five games. On the season, Texas Tech has defeated opponents by an average of 11.4 points.
- During their last five games, the Horned Frogs have scored an average of 78.6 points per game (5.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 73.2 points per game (3.0 below their season average).