The No. 9 Oklahoma Sooners (13-2, 3-1 Big 12) can prolong a seven-game home winning streak when they clash against the No. 16 TCU Horned Frogs (13-3, 1-3 Big 12) at Lloyd Noble Center. Tip-off is set for 1 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 13, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPNU.
TCU Horned Frogs at Oklahoma Sooners Free Preview
In the Horned Frogs last matchup, they lost a tough one against the Texas Longhorns, 99-98. Kenrich Williams had a good performance for TCU, leading both teams in scoring with 26 points on 8-for-14 shooting. Texas did an excellent job of making free throws (22-29; 75.9 percent). TCU, on the other hand, forced the Longhorns into a turnover percentage of 19.8 (above their season average of 14.8).
The Sooners come in on a high note after topping the No. 8 Texas Tech Red Raiders in their last contest, 75-65. With 27 points on 7-for-23 shooting, Trae Young was the games high scorer. Oklahoma played a nearly perfect game. They had a great free throw rate of 0.295 (above their season average of 0.264) and a turnover percentage of 12.5 (better than their season average of 14.7). For those same stats, Texas Tech recorded marks of 0.134 and 17.0, respectively.
It might turn into a shootout as a pair of the nations best offenses go head-to-head. Oklahoma ranks 20th with 118.0 points per 100 possessions and TCU is 11th (120.0).
Vladimir Brodziansky has been playing at a high level over the last five games for TCU, averaging 15.8 points, 6.2 rebounds and 1.4 blocks per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The Sooners won 90-89. Oklahoma did a fantastic job of getting and making free throws (22-31; 71.0 percent). TCU, on the other hand, had a much better turnover percentage (8.4 vs. 13.7). Young put up a double-double in the victory with 39 points and 14 assists.
TCU Horned Frogs at Oklahoma Sooners ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Oklahoma, ATS Winner – Oklahoma, O/U – Over
- The Sooners average 5.6 blocks per game, which ranks 17th in the NCAA. The Horned Frogs rank 102nd in blocks allowed per game (3.8).
- TCU ranks ninth in rebounds allowed per game (30.2) while Oklahoma ranks 239th (38.8).
- The Sooners rank 12th in assists per game (18.3) while the Horned Frogs rank 222nd in assists allowed per game (16.4).
- Oklahoma ranks 23rd in three pointers attempted per game (27.3) while TCU ranks 189th in three pointers allowed per game (23.8).
- The Sooners average margin of victory in their last five games has been 8.8, down from 12.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Horned Frogs have scored an average of 87.6 points per game (0.0 below their season average) and allowed an average of 86.0 points per game (9.4 above their season average).