The Tampa Bay Buccaneers (+10) are set to get their 2018 season underway against their NFC South foe New Orleans Saints (-10) at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome. Fans can tune in to the action on FOX and this early afternoon matchup is scheduled to start at 1:00 p.m. ET.
Betting Preview: New Orleans Saints vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Tampa Bay is a big road underdog in this early-edition NFC game and is currently getting 10 points. The Buccaneers are also receiving +310 moneyline odds while the Saints are -440. There should be some good live betting possibilities in this game, and oddsmakers have placed the over/under (O/U) at 49.5 points.
Square bettors have been hammering both the Saints and the under. The line initially opened at -7 while the total was originally 51.
The Buccaneers went 5-11 straight-up (SU) last season while the Saints had a winning season at 12-6 SU. Against conference foes, the Buccaneers were 3-9 SU and the Saints were 8-4 SU against National Football Conference teams. The Buccaneers were 2-2 SU against teams out of conference while the Saints were 3-1 SU against such teams.
The Buccaneers averaged 295.0 passing yards per game and 75.5 rushing yards per game against their four out-of-conference opponents last year. The team managed to put up 21.5 points per game against those teams while giving up 19.8 per contest. Against NFC competition, they scored an average of 20.8 points and allowed an average of 25.3 points. Offensively, they put up 285.6 pass yards per game and 95.7 rush yards per game.
When taking the field against non-conference competition, the Saints threw for 272.3 yards per game and ran for 149.0 per game on their way to 29.5 points per matchup. When facing National Football Conference opponents, the offense tallied 27.5 points per game by averaging 270.4 passing yards and 122.8 rush yards. The Saints defense gave up 16.3 PPG to non-conference foes and 21.8 PPG to teams in conference,
It seems like the Saints should have an advantage when it comes to quarterback protection. Their offensive line allowed only 20 sacks last season while the D-line registered 42 sacks. The Buccaneers O-line allowed 40 sacks last year and their defense generated only 22 sacks..
Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs. New Orleans Saints Betting Pick
SU Winner: Saints, ATS Winner: Buccaneers, O/U: Under
- The Tampa Bay offensive line allowed 40 sacks last season. Their defense created 22 sacks.
- Saints quarterbacks were sacked 20 times last season. Their defense recorded 42 sacks,
- Tampa Bay created eight rushing touchdowns last season.
- New Orleans put up 23 rushing touchdowns last season.
- The Buccaneers logged 3.7 yards per carry last season while allowing 4.3 yards per rush attempt to opponents.
- The Saints tallied 4.7 yards per carry last season and allowed 4.4 yards per rush attempt to opponents.
- Tampa Bay produced 26 passing touchdowns last season.
- New Orleans put up 23 passing touchdowns last season.