The No. 11 Syracuse Orange (21-13) battle against the No. 6 TCU Horned Frogs (21-11) in the First Round of the NCAA Tournament at Little Caesars Arena. Action gets underway at 9:40 p.m. ET on Friday, March 16, 2018.
Syracuse Orange vs. TCU Horned Frogs ATS Odds
In their last matchup, the Horned Frogs lost a tough one against the Kansas State Wildcats, 66-64, while the Orange defeated the No. 11 Arizona State Sun Devils, 60-56.
Syracuse dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.265 (matching their season average) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 27.8 (below their season average of 35.1). For those same stats, Arizona State was 0.058 and 22.9, respectively. TCU, on the other hand, had a better effective field goal percentage (0.528 vs. 0.491). TCU rallied around Kenrich Williams, who contributed 20 points and 10 rebounds. Oshae Brissett played well for Syracuse, finishing with 23 points and 12 rebounds.
The game should be a battle of strength against strength as the prolific offense of TCU takes on the stingy defense of Syracuse. The Horned Frogs rank 11th in offensive efficiency, while the Orange are 46th in defensive efficiency.
Vegas tends to place the total high when the Orange are involved, as 56.3 percent of their games have ended under the O/U total. Syracuse has a respectable 21-13 straight up (SU) record, but they have a difficult time covering the spread (14-17-1 against the spread (ATS)).
Contrary to Syracuse, Horned Frogs games have typically gone over the total (64.5 percent). Moreover, TCU is 21-11 SU and 16-13-2 ATS.
Syracuse Orange vs. TCU Horned Frogs Betting Pick
Basketball Pick: SU Winner – TCU, ATS Winner – TCU, O/U – Over
- TCU ranks second in assists per game (18.8) while Syracuse ranks 278th (10.9).
- The Orange rank 56th in steals per game (7.2) while the Horned Frogs rank 138th in steals allowed per game (6.3).
- TCU ranks seventh in rebounds allowed per game (30.1) while Syracuse ranks 70th (32.9).
- The Orange average 5.5 blocks per game, which ranks ninth in the nation. The Horned Frogs rank 206th in blocks allowed per game (4.3).
- TCU ranks 141st in three pointers allowed per game (21.3) while Syracuse ranks 267th (24.4).
- The Orange have been outscored by an average of 3.6 points in their last five games. For the season, Syracuse has defeated opponents by an average of 3.0 points.
- During their last five games, the Horned Frogs have scored an average of 75.2 points per game (7.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 71.8 points per game (4.1 below their season average).