The No. 11 Syracuse Orange (22-13) meet the No. 3 Michigan State Spartans (30-4) in the Second Round of the NCAA Tournament at Little Caesars Arena. The game begins at 2:40 p.m. ET on Sunday, March 18, 2018.
Syracuse Orange vs. Michigan State Spartans ATS Odds
Both teams were victorious over their last opponent. The Spartans defeated the No. 14 Bucknell Bison 82-78, while the Orange beat the No. 6 TCU Horned Frogs 57-52.
The Orange had a superb turnover percentage of 9.9 (better than their season average of 16.4) and held the Horned Frogs to an offensive rebounding percentage of 24.2 (below their season average of 34.5). The Spartans, meanwhile, held the Bison to an offensive rebounding percentage of 19.4 (below their season average of 27.3) and had a better effective field goal percentage (0.578 vs. 0.518). Miles Bridges led the way for Michigan State, recording 29 points and nine rebounds. Meanwhile, Oshae Brissett was a key piece for Syracuse with 15 points and nine rebounds.
This battle pits one of the NCAA’s top offenses against one of its elite defenses. Michigan State ranks fifth in offensive efficiency and Syracuse ranks 40th in defensive efficiency.
Syracuse Orange vs. Michigan State Spartans Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Michigan State, ATS Winner – Michigan State, O/U – Under
- Michigan State averages 19.4 assists per game, which ranks first in the NCAA. Syracuse ranks 284th in assists allowed per game (16.2).
- The Spartans rank 149th in three pointers allowed per game (21.8) while the Orange rank 254th (24.2).
- Michigan State ranks eighth in rebounds per game (40.8) while Syracuse ranks 77th (37.4).
- The Orange rank 57th in steals per game (7.1) while the Spartans rank 269th (4.1).
- Michigan State ranks first in blocks per game (7.3) while Syracuse ranks 108th in blocks allowed per game (3.2).
- The Spartans average margin of victory in their last five games has been 4.2, down from 15.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Orange have scored an average of 60.8 points per game (6.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 60.4 points per game (3.5 below their season average).