The No. 23 Florida State Seminoles (12-4, 1-3 ACC) welcome the Syracuse Orange (12-5, 1-3 ACC) in a matchup that pits phenomenal offense against exceptional defense. Action begins at 2 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 13, 2018.
Syracuse Orange vs. Florida State Seminoles Odds Preview
In the Orange’s last outing, they fell to the No. 3 Virginia Cavaliers, 68-61. Syracuse’s Paschal Chukwu put up nine points and 16 rebounds in the contest. Virginia did a fantastic job of converting from the free throw line (19-22; 86.4 percent). Syracuse, meanwhile, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 51.4 (above their season average of 37.7).
The Seminoles are hoping for a better outcome after their 73-69 loss to the Louisville Cardinals in their last contest. Terance Mann was the top scorer from either team with 25 points on 9-for-14 shooting. Louisville had a turnover percentage of 10.2 (better than their season average of 14.9). Florida State, on the other hand, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 47.5 (above their season average of 34.7).
This showdown pits one of the nations top offenses against one of its elite defenses as Florida State ranks 51st in offensive efficiency and Syracuse is 43rd in defensive efficiency. Furthermore, the Orange, who rank third in offensive rebounding percentage (38.6 percent), will attempt to take advantage of the Seminoles, who rank 312th in defensive rebounding percentage (66.9 percent).
This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year, after the Orange won the sole game last season, 82-72. The Orange played a nearly perfect game. They had a fantastic free throw rate of 0.397 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.509. For those same stats, the Seminoles recorded marks of 0.283 and 0.458, respectively.
Syracuse Orange at Florida State Seminoles Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Florida State, ATS Winner – Florida State, O/U – Under
- The Orange average 8.2 steals per game, which ranks 27th in the nation. The Seminoles rank 97th in steals allowed per game (6.4).
- Florida State ranks 18th in blocks per game (5.6) while Syracuse ranks 55th in blocks allowed per game (2.9).
- Florida State ranks 36th in assists per game (16.5) while Syracuse ranks 216th (11.5).
- The Seminoles rank 70th in three pointers attempted per game (24.7) while the Orange rank 241st (18.2).
- Syracuse averages 40.2 rebounds per game, which ranks 31st in the NCAA. Florida State ranks 184th in rebounds allowed per game (36.4).
- The Seminoles average margin of victory in their last five games has been 7.4, down from 14.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Orange have scored an average of 61.4 points per game (8.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 59.0 points per game (3.5 below their season average).