The Arizona State Sun Devils (20-11) will be in the First Four at University of Dayton Arena when they take on the Syracuse Orange (20-13). The game starts at 9:10 p.m. ET on Wednesday, March 14, 2018.
Syracuse Orange vs. Arizona State Sun Devils Betting Odds
Both teams fell in their last contest. The Sun Devils lost to the Colorado Buffaloes, 97-85, while the Orange got blown out by the 12th-ranked North Carolina Tar Heels, 78-59.
Syracuse had a better turnover percentage (14.8 vs. 13.7) while Arizona State had a turnover percentage of 4.0 (better than their season average of 13.3). Arizona State’s Remy Martin had a good game, putting up 20 points. Oshae Brissett, meanwhile was a key piece for Syracuse with 20 points and 10 rebounds.
The game should be a matchup of strength against strength as the high-octane offense of Arizona State takes on the top-notch defense of Syracuse. The Sun Devils rank 18th in offensive efficiency, while the Orange are 48th in defensive efficiency. Also, the Orange could control the offensive glass in this contest as they rank 18th in the nation in offensive rebounding percentage at 35.1 percent. The Sun Devils, meanwhile, rank 270th in defensive rebounding percentage (69.3 percent).
Syracuse Orange vs. Arizona State Sun Devils Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Arizona State, ATS Winner – Arizona State, O/U – Under
- Arizona State ranks 62nd in three pointers attempted per game (24.5) while Syracuse ranks 263rd (18.2).
- The Orange rank eighth in blocks per game (5.6) while the Sun Devils rank 145th in blocks allowed per game (3.5).
- Arizona State ranks 48th in steals allowed per game (5.4) while Syracuse ranks 138th (6.3).
- The Orange rank 68th in rebounds allowed per game (32.9) while the Sun Devils rank 229th (36.6).
- Arizona State ranks 116th in assists per game (14.2) while Syracuse ranks 271st (11.0).
- During their last five games, the Orange have scored an average of 60.2 points per game (7.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 67.8 points per game (3.3 above their season average).
- The Sun Devils’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 1.4, down from 8.2 for the season.