The Georgetown Hoyas (8-0) are off to a hot start and will try to stay unbeaten when they go head-to-head against the Syracuse Orange (8-1) at Capital One Arena. Tip-off is set for 12:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 16, 2017.
Syracuse Orange vs. Georgetown Hoyas Free Preview
In the Orange’s last contest, they beat the Colgate Raiders, 72-58. With 20 points and five rebounds, Oshae Brissett had a solid performance for Syracuse. Syracuse played a flawless game. They had a solid free throw rate of 0.313 (above their season average of 0.259) and a turnover percentage of 10.8 (better than their season average of 15.4). For those same stats, Colgate was 0.039 and 18.5, respectively.
The Hoyas come in on a high note after topping the North Carolina A&T Aggies in their last outing, 83-74. With 22 points on 9-for-13 shooting, Jessie Govan was the top scorer from either team. Georgetown dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.266 (matching their season average) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 29.7 (below their season average of 37.3). For those same stats, North Carolina A&T was 0.159 and 23.8, respectively.
From an effective field goal percentage perspective, Georgetown figures to have a significant edge. Since the 2016-17 season, the Hoyas defense ranks 60th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.466), while the Syracuse offense ranks 281st in effective field goal percentage (0.525). The Hoyas won the lone game against the Orange last season, 78-71. The Hoyas dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an absurd free throw rate of 0.415 and an absurd offensive rebounding percentage of 40.0. For those same stats, the Orange were 0.246 and 29.3, respectively.
Syracuse Orange at Georgetown Hoyas Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Syracuse, ATS Winner – Syracuse, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Orange rank 10th in rebounds per game (36.3) while the Hoyas rank 120th (36.8).
- Syracuse ranks ninth in blocks per game (5.0) while Georgetown ranks 92nd in blocks allowed per game (3.2).
- Georgetown ranks 74th in three pointers allowed per game (20.1) while Syracuse ranks 246th (25.5).
- The Hoyas average 15.8 assists per game, which ranks 59th in the NCAA. The Orange rank 217th in assists allowed per game (16.9).
- Syracuse ranks 11th in steals per game (8.3) while Georgetown ranks 167th (5.5).