The Stony Brook Seawolves (0-1) and the Connecticut Huskies (1-0), who both like to play patient, will face off at XL Center. Action starts at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, November 14, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN Full Court.
Stony Brook Seawolves vs. Connecticut Huskies ATS Preview
The last time the Seawolves played, they lost to the Maryland Terrapins, 76-61. Stony Brooks Akwasi Yeboah contributed 15 points and six rebounds in the game. Maryland did a great job of making free throws (20-26; 76.9 percent). Stony Brook, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (16.3 vs. 18.4).
The Huskies come in on a high note after defeating the Colgate Raiders in their last matchup, 70-58. With 27 points on 11-for-18 shooting, Terry Larrier was the games high scorer. Connecticut dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 31.6 and a turnover percentage of 11.5. Colgate recorded marks of 17.1 and 19.3, respectively, for those same stats.
Half-court execution will be critical when two of the NCAAs slowest-paced teams battle. Connecticut ranks 327th in possessions per game (65.1) and Stony Brook is 303rd (66.4) since the 2016-17 season. Additionally, the Seawolves rank 12th in turnover percentage (15.4 percent), while the Huskies rank 321st in opponents turnover percentage (16.2 percent).
Stony Brook Seawolves vs. Connecticut Huskies Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Stony Brook, ATS Winner – Stony Brook, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Seawolves rank sixth in steals allowed per game (4.4) while the Huskies rank 127th (6.0).
- Stony Brook ranks 39th in assists allowed per game (11.4) while Connecticut ranks 82nd (12.1).
- Stony Brook averages 24.0 three pointers per game, which ranks 61st in the nation. Connecticut ranks 264th in three pointers allowed per game (23.3).
- The Huskies rank 12th in blocks per game (5.4) while the Seawolves rank 163rd (3.2).
- Connecticut ranks 107th in rebounds per game (36.8) while Stony Brook ranks 230th (34.4).