The Columbia Lions (1-7), who are currently on a six-game losing streak, look to get back in the win column when they welcome the Stony Brook Seawolves (3-6) to Francis S. Levien Gymnasium. Action begins at 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, December 7, 2017.
Stony Brook Seawolves at Columbia Lions ATS Preview
The last time the Seawolves played, they were beaten by the LIU Brooklyn Blackbirds, 75-71. With 15 points on 6-for-12 shooting, Jaron Cornish was Stony Brook’s high scorer. LIU Brooklyn had a better free throw rate (0.217 vs. 0.136). Stony Brook, meanwhile, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 35.7 (above their season average of 27.7).
The Lions are trying to rebound after their 89-87 loss to the Quinnipiac Bobcats in their last outing. Mike Smith led Columbia in scoring with 20 points on 8-for-13 shooting. Quinnipiac did a terrific job of making free throws (8-10; 80.0 percent). Columbia, on the other hand, had a turnover percentage of 9.3 (better than their season average of 17.1).
The Lions won the lone game against the Seawolves last season, 73-66. Columbia was lights out from beyond the arc (10-25; 40.0 percent). Stony Brook, on the other hand, had a much better turnover percentage (11.6 vs. 19.0).
Stony Brook Seawolves vs. Columbia Lions Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Columbia, ATS Winner – Columbia, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Seawolves rank 28th in steals allowed per game (5.0) while the Lions rank 133rd (6.1).
- Stony Brook ranks 206th in rebounds allowed per game (36.2) while Columbia ranks 258th (37.5).
- Stony Brook ranks 62nd in three pointers allowed per game (19.5) while Columbia ranks 298th (26.0).
- The Seawolves rank 59th in assists allowed per game (11.7) while the Lions rank 269th (15.3).
- Stony Brook ranks 28th in blocks allowed per game (2.6) while Columbia ranks 151st (3.5).