The Providence Friars (7-3) can continue a five-game home winning streak when they challenge the Stony Brook Seawolves (4-7) at Dunkin Donuts Center. Action gets underway at 2:30 p.m. ET on Sunday, December 17, 2017.
Stony Brook Seawolves vs. Providence Friars Odds Preview
In the Seawolves last contest, they lost a tough one against the Hofstra Pride, 84-81. With 22 points on 9-for-16 shooting, Jaron Cornish was Stony Brook’s high scorer. Hofstra had an offensive rebounding percentage of 41.2 (above their season average of 34.8). Stony Brook, meanwhile, forced the Pride into a turnover percentage of 19.4 (above their season average of 14.5).
The Friars are hoping for a better outcome after their 72-63 loss to the Massachusetts Minutemen in their last matchup. Rodney Bullock led Providence in scoring with 15 points on 5-for-14 shooting. Massachusetts had an effective field goal percentage of 0.635 (above their season average of 0.511). Providence, on the other hand, forced the Minutemen into a turnover percentage of 23.2 (above their season average of 18.3).
It could be a mistake-prone game for the Providence offense. Providence ranks 269th in the nation in ball protection (turnover percentage of 20.6 percent), while the disruptive defense of Stony Brook forces the 40th-most turnovers in the NCAA (23.2 percent).
Bullock has really been playing well over the last five games for Providence, averaging 17.8 points, 6.6 rebounds and 1.6 steals per game.
Stony Brook Seawolves vs. Providence Friars ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Stony Brook, ATS Winner – Stony Brook, O/U – Under
- The Friars rank 26th in assists allowed per game (10.9) while the Seawolves rank 91st (12.6).
- Providence averages 35.6 rebounds per game, which ranks 153rd in the nation. Stony Brook ranks 172nd in rebounds allowed per game (36.3).
- Stony Brook ranks 92nd in three pointers attempted per game (23.5) while Providence ranks 264th (16.6).
- The Seawolves rank 31st in steals per game (8.3) while the Friars rank 154th in steals allowed per game (7.1).
- Providence ranks 54th in blocks per game (4.3) while Stony Brook ranks 158th in blocks allowed per game (4.2).
- The Friars average margin of victory in their last five games has been 2.6, down from 6.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Seawolves have scored an average of 82.8 points per game (6.5 above their season average) and allowed an average of 73.2 points per game (3.4 below their season average).