AmEast foes will collide when the New Hampshire Wildcats (7-12, 3-2 AmEast) square off with the Stony Brook Seawolves (8-11, 3-2 AmEast) at Lundholm Gym. Tip-off is scheduled for 1 p.m. ET on Sunday, January 21, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
Stony Brook Seawolves vs. New Hampshire Wildcats ATS Preview
The last time the Seawolves played, they were victorious over the Binghamton Bearcats, 77-66. Akwasi Yeboah was the games high scorer with 26 points on 9-for-14 shooting. Stony Brook dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.246 (above their season average of 0.202) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.508 (above their season average of 0.504). For those same stats, Binghamton was 0.182 and 0.409, respectively.
The Wildcats are hoping for a better outcome after their 67-56 loss to the Vermont Catamounts in their last outing. John Ogwuche was New Hampshire’s leading scorer with 17 points on 5-for-11 shooting. Vermont did a fantastic job of making free throws (16-20; 80.0 percent). New Hampshire, meanwhile, held the Catamounts to an offensive rebounding percentage of 16.0 (below their season average of 27.4).
New Hampshire should have the advantage on the defensive side of the ball. The Wildcats rank 95th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.484), while Stony Brook is 217th in effective field goal percentage (0.504).
This is the first time these teams will clash this year, after the Seawolves won both meetings last season. In the last contest, Stony Brook won 64-61. The Seawolves turnover percentage was their biggest strength over the Wildcats. Stony Brook had a rate of 13.6, while New Hampshire posted a mark of 19.3.
Stony Brook Seawolves at New Hampshire Wildcats ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Stony Brook, ATS Winner – Stony Brook, O/U – Under
- The Seawolves rank 61st in three pointers attempted per game (24.8) while the Wildcats rank 136th in three pointers allowed per game (21.8).
- New Hampshire ranks eighth in assists allowed per game (9.4) while Stony Brook ranks 77th (12.4).
- Stony Brook ranks 34th in steals per game (7.8) while New Hampshire ranks 219th (3.7).
- The Wildcats rank 21st in rebounds per game (40.3) while the Seawolves rank 158th in rebounds allowed per game (35.6).
- New Hampshire ranks 46th in blocks allowed per game (2.8) while Stony Brook ranks 155th (4.7).
- The Wildcats average margin of victory in their last five games has been 0.8, down from 4.7 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Seawolves have scored an average of 67.6 points per game (5.0 below their season average) and allowed an average of 69.6 points per game (4.1 below their season average).