The LIU Brooklyn Blackbirds (2-4) will be at home in Steinberg Wellness Center when they clash against the Stony Brook Seawolves (3-5). Action begins at 7 p.m. ET on Monday, December 4, 2017.
Stony Brook Seawolves at LIU Brooklyn Blackbirds Free Preview
The Seawolves barely escaped the Saint Francis U Red Flash in their last game, 85-83. Akwasi Yeboah was Stony Brook’s high scorer with 19 points on 7-for-9 shooting. The Seawolves forced 18 turnovers and held the Red Flash to an offensive rebounding percentage of 20.8 (below their season average of 29.8).
The last time the Blackbirds played, they beat the Hartford Hawks, 79-78. With 27 points on 10-for-19 shooting, Joel Hernandez was the games high scorer. The Blackbirds had a phenomenal free throw rate of 0.333 (above their season average of 0.211) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.608 (above their season average of 0.509).
It could be an error-filled game for the LIU Brooklyn offense. Since the 2016-17 season, LIU Brooklyn ranks 293rd in the nation in ball protection (turnover percentage of 20.5 percent), while the ball-hawking defense of Stony Brook has forced the 84th-most turnovers in the NCAA (20.5 percent).
Stony Brook Seawolves vs. LIU Brooklyn Blackbirds ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – LIU Brooklyn, ATS Winner – LIU Brooklyn, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Seawolves rank 25th in blocks allowed per game (2.6) while the Blackbirds rank 187th (3.7).
- Stony Brook ranks 185th in assists per game (13.3) while LIU Brooklyn ranks 292nd (11.3).
- Stony Brook ranks 64th in three pointers attempted per game (24.1) while LIU Brooklyn ranks 285th (18.2).
- The Blackbirds rank 36th in rebounds per game (38.9) while the Seawolves rank 245th (34.3).
- Stony Brook ranks 16th in steals allowed per game (4.9) while LIU Brooklyn ranks 178th (6.4).