AmEast foes will clash when the Hartford Hawks (7-6, 1-0 AmEast) challenge the Stony Brook Seawolves (6-9, 1-0 AmEast) at Chase Family Arena. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 6, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
Stony Brook Seawolves at Hartford Hawks Betting Preview
The last time the Seawolves played, they barely escaped the Maine Black Bears, 71-70. Akwasi Yeboah was Stony Brook’s high scorer with 20 points on 6-for-16 shooting. Stony Brook played a nearly perfect game. They had a fantastic offensive rebounding percentage of 43.9 (above their season average of 31.3) and a free throw rate of 0.267 (above their season average of 0.217). For those same stats, Maine was 16.7 and 0.119, respectively.
The Hawks hope to keep it rolling after defeating the Albany Great Danes in their last matchup, 72-64. Hartford was led by John Carroll, who had 17 points and eight rebounds. The Hawks made 13 of their 13 free throws (100.0 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.590 (above their season average of 0.515).
It could be an error-filled game for the Hartford offense. Hartford ranks 172nd in the nation in ball protection (turnover percentage of 18.9 percent), while the gambling defense of Stony Brook forces the 55th-most turnovers in the NCAA (22.3 percent).
This is the first time these teams will battle this year. The Seawolves won both meetings played against each other last season. In the last matchup, Stony Brook won 66-54. The Seawolves played a nearly perfect game. They had a free throw rate of 0.082 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.500. For those same stats, the Hawks had marks of 0.030 and 0.388, respectively.
Stony Brook Seawolves at Hartford Hawks Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Hartford, ATS Winner – Hartford, O/U – Under
- The Hawks rank 57th in three pointers attempted per game (25.5) while the Seawolves rank 78th in three pointers allowed per game (20.6).
- Stony Brook ranks 40th in steals per game (7.8) while Hartford ranks 191st (4.5).
- The Hawks rank 46th in blocks per game (4.6) while the Seawolves rank 156th (2.5).
- Stony Brook ranks 124th in rebounds per game (36.7) while Hartford ranks 160th in rebounds allowed per game (35.6).
- The Hawks have outscored opponents by an average of 4.0 points in their last five games. On the season, Hartford has been defeated by an average of 2.8 points.
- During their last five games, the Seawolves have scored an average of 71.0 points per game (3.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 72.6 points per game (2.2 below their season average).