The Stetson Hatters (10-15, 2-6 Asun) and the North Florida Ospreys (10-15, 4-4 Asun) clash at UNF Arena. The Hatters will attempt to put an end to their six-game losing streak. Action begins at 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 3, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
Stetson Hatters vs. North Florida Ospreys Betting Preview
In the Hatters last contest, they lost a close one to the Jacksonville Dolphins, 68-67. Stetson’s Luke Doyle put together a solid performance, leading the team in scoring with 17 points on 6-for-13 shooting. Jacksonville had a free throw rate of 0.396 (above their season average of 0.195). Stetson, on the other hand, forced the Dolphins into a turnover percentage of 24.1 (above their season average of 17.0).
The Ospreys are hoping for a better outcome after their 103-70 loss to the FGCU Eagles in their last outing. Noah Horchler was North Florida’s leading scorer with 16 points on 7-for-13 shooting. FGCU won the rebounding battle. The Eagles had more offensive rebounds (14 vs. two), defensive rebounds (34 vs. 20) and total rebounds (48 vs. 22).
There should be a fair amount of transition offense in this matchup that showcases two of the NCAA’s more up-and-down teams. North Florida currently ranks 12th in possessions per game (75.9) and Stetson is 37th (73.5). Moreover, the Hatters rank 11th in turnover percentage (15.0 percent), while the Ospreys rank 342nd in opponents turnover percentage (15.2 percent).
Horchler has been excellent over the last five games for North Florida, averaging 15.4 points, 12.0 rebounds, 2.6 blocks and 1.2 steals per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The Ospreys won 73-65. The Ospreys dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a solid free throw rate of 0.286 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.437. For those same stats, the Hatters were 0.200 and 0.364, respectively. In the loss, Divine Myles led all scorers on the team with 18 points.
Stetson Hatters vs. North Florida Ospreys Betting Prediction
Free Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Stetson, ATS Winner – Stetson, O/U – Under
- The Hatters average 35.1 rebounds per game, which ranks 176th in the nation. The Ospreys rank 290th in rebounds allowed per game (42.3).
- North Florida averages 3.6 blocks per game, which ranks 87th in the nation. Stetson ranks 120th in blocks allowed per game (3.6).
- North Florida averages 30.1 three pointers per game, which ranks sixth in the nation. Stetson ranks 160th in three pointers allowed per game (22.6).
- The Hatters average 14.6 assists per game, which ranks 101st in the nation. The Ospreys rank 247th in assists allowed per game (17.6).
- Stetson ranks 60th in steals per game (7.2) while North Florida ranks 202nd in steals allowed per game (8.6).
- The Ospreys average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 9.2, up from 7.7 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Hatters have scored an average of 72.8 points per game (1.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 79.4 points per game (3.1 above their season average).