The Nebraska Cornhuskers (9-5) will be at home in Pinnacle Bank Arena when they meet the Stetson Hatters (7-7). Tip-off is set for 8 p.m. ET on Friday, December 29, 2017.
Stetson Hatters at Nebraska Cornhuskers Odds Preview
The Hatters lost big to the UCF Knights in their last game, 74-55. With 14 points on 6-for-15 shooting, Divine Myles led Stetson in scoring. UCF had an effective field goal percentage of 0.596 (above their season average of 0.471). Stetson, meanwhile, had a turnover percentage of 5.4 (better than their season average of 13.0).
The last time the Cornhuskers played, they defeated the Delaware State Hornets, 85-68. Anton Gill fueled Nebraska with 14 points and six assists. Nebraska played a nearly perfect game. They had a free throw rate of 0.167 (below their season average of 0.260) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.625 (above their season average of 0.495). For those same stats, Delaware State was 0.097 and 0.500, respectively.
Stetson could have a difficult time creating turnovers. Nebraska ranks 37th in the NCAA at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 16.5 percent), while Stetson forces the 147th-most turnovers (20.1 percent).
Stetson Hatters at Nebraska Cornhuskers Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Stetson, ATS Winner – Stetson, O/U – Under
- The Cornhuskers average 15.3 assists per game, which ranks 81st in the NCAA. The Hatters rank 125th in assists allowed per game (13.3).
- Nebraska allows the 26th-fewest steals per game (5.1) while Stetson ranks 41st (5.4).
- Nebraska ranks 25th in blocks per game (5.5) while Stetson ranks 192nd (2.1).
- The Cornhuskers average 36.9 rebounds per game, which ranks 108th in the NCAA. The Hatters rank 241st in rebounds allowed per game (39.0).
- Nebraska ranks 25th in three pointers allowed per game (18.1) while Stetson ranks 125th (21.7).
- The Cornhuskers average margin of victory in their last five games has been 5.2, up from 3.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Hatters have scored an average of 72.4 points per game (3.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 72.6 points per game (2.5 below their season average).