The Stetson Hatters (10-12, 2-3 Asun) look to snap their five-game road losing streak in a matchup against the Jacksonville Dolphins (10-12, 4-1 Asun) at Swisher Gym. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 24, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
Stetson Hatters at Jacksonville Dolphins ATS Preview
The Hatters lost a close one to the Lipscomb Bisons in their last game, 85-82. With 19 points on 5-for-12 shooting, Divine Myles led Stetson in scoring. Lipscomb had an offensive rebounding percentage of 35.1 (above their season average of 28.2). Stetson, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (12.6 vs. 14.0).
The last time the Dolphins played, they beat the NJIT Highlanders, 63-61. Jacksonville was led by Devin Harris, who recorded nine points, 11 rebounds and six assists. The Dolphins forced 19 turnovers and held the Highlanders to an effective field goal percentage of 0.407 (below their season average of 0.515).
There could be a fair amount of transition offense in this contest that features a pair of the nations more up-and-down teams. Jacksonville ranks 23rd in possessions per game (74.8) and Stetson is 48th (73.4).
Harris has been excellent over the last five games for Jacksonville, averaging 16.0 points, 6.4 assists, 6.2 rebounds and 2.4 steals per game.
This is the first time these teams will clash this year. The Dolphins won both matchups played against each other last season. In the most recent contest, Jacksonville won 89-86. The Dolphins played a nearly perfect game. They had a solid free throw rate of 0.295 and a superb offensive rebounding percentage of 27.8. For those same stats, the Hatters were 0.159 and 17.2, respectively.
Stetson Hatters vs. Jacksonville Dolphins ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Stetson, ATS Winner – Stetson, O/U – Over
- The Hatters rank 76th in steals per game (6.9) while the Dolphins rank 135th in steals allowed per game (6.8).
- Jacksonville ranks 124th in rebounds per game (36.4) while Stetson ranks 251st in rebounds allowed per game (38.8).
- The Hatters rank 109th in three pointers attempted per game (23.2) while the Dolphins rank 233rd (18.8).
- Stetson averages 14.8 assists per game, which ranks 88th in the NCAA. Jacksonville ranks 154th in assists allowed per game (13.9).
- The Dolphins have outscored opponents by an average of 5.0 points in their last five games. For the season, Jacksonville has lost by an average of 1.2 points.
- During their last five games, the Hatters have scored an average of 78.4 points per game (2.7 above their season average) and allowed an average of 78.0 points per game (1.2 above their season average).