Asun foes will clash when the FGCU Eagles (9-8) go head-to-head against the Stetson Hatters (8-8) at Alico Arena. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 6, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
Stetson Hatters at FGCU Eagles Betting Preview
The last time the Hatters played, they defeated the Florida National Conquistadors, 94-88. With 15 points and eight assists, Stetson’s Divine Myles played well. Stetson dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an absurd free throw rate of 0.390 (above their season average of 0.154) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 34.5 (above their season average of 22.8). Florida National put up marks of 0.099 and 25.6, respectively, for those same stats.
The Eagles hope to maintain momentum after topping the Florida Tech Panthers in their last outing, 62-54. FGCU was led by Brandon Goodwin, who contributed 13 points, 11 assists and six rebounds. The Eagles had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.491 vs. 0.344) and had a better turnover percentage (16.4 vs. 18.2).
The high-octane offense of FGCU (56th in the nation with an offensive efficiency of 109.8) will clash against the bottom-tier defense of Stetson (289th in the NCAA with a defensive efficiency of 102.6). The Eagles should have the edge on that side of the ball.
This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year, after the Eagles won all three contests last season. In the last game, FGCU won 87-57. FGCU won the rebounding battle. The Eagles had 16 offensive rebounds and 51 total rebounds, while the Hatters had seven and 24, respectively.
Stetson Hatters at FGCU Eagles Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Stetson, ATS Winner – Stetson, O/U – Over
- The Hatters rank 99th in three pointers attempted per game (22.9) while the Eagles rank 127th in three pointers allowed per game (21.1).
- FGCU averages 3.1 blocks per game, which ranks 112th in the NCAA. Stetson ranks 116th in blocks allowed per game (3.8).
- FGCU ranks 58th in rebounds allowed per game (33.9) while Stetson ranks 264th (39.2).
- The Eagles rank 84th in assists per game (14.8) while the Hatters rank 174th in assists allowed per game (13.8).
- Stetson ranks 33rd in steals allowed per game (5.5) while FGCU ranks 93rd (6.7).
- The Eagles average margin of victory in their last five games has been 1.8, down from 6.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Hatters have scored an average of 74.8 points per game (1.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 79.4 points per game (3.8 above their season average).