The LSU Tigers (6-2) will try to put an end to the five-game winning streak of Stephen F. Austin when they welcome the Lumberjacks (9-1) to Pete Maravich Assembly Center. Action begins at 1 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 16, 2017, and it can be seen on SEC Network.
Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks vs. LSU Tigers Free Preview
The last time the Lumberjacks played, they dismantled the Rice Owls, 81-62. Kevon Harris was the top scorer from either team with 31 points on 11-for-19 shooting. The Lumberjacks forced 27 turnovers and held the Owls to an effective field goal percentage of 0.438 (below the 0.525 mark opponents have averaged against Stephen F. Austin this season).
The Tigers will look to maintain momentum after narrowly defeating the Houston Cougars in their last contest, 80-77. With 26 points on 8-for-12 shooting, Aaron Epps was the top scorer from either team. LSU dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.279 (matching their season average) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 34.3 (below their season average of 36.5). Houston was 0.159 and 27.8, respectively, for those same stats.
The offense of LSU will go head-to-head against the stingy defense of Stephen F. Austin. Since the 2016-17 season, the Tigers rank 161st in offensive efficiency, while the Lumberjacks are 16th in defensive efficiency. The Lumberjacks should have the advantage on that side of the ball. Moreover, the Lumberjacks could control the offensive glass in this meeting as they rank 28th in the NCAA in offensive rebounding percentage at 35.3 percent. The Tigers, meanwhile, rank 277th in defensive rebounding percentage (68.5 percent).
Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks vs. LSU Tigers Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – LSU, ATS Winner – LSU, O/U – Under
etting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Tigers average 3.4 blocks per game, which ranks 103rd in the nation. The Lumberjacks rank 140th in blocks allowed per game (3.3).
- Stephen F. Austin ranks 161st in assists per game (12.6) while LSU ranks 197th in assists allowed per game (15.1).
- Stephen F. Austin ranks 34th in three pointers allowed per game (18.1) while LSU ranks 212th (23.9).
- The Lumberjacks rank first in steals per game (8.3) while the Tigers rank 157th in steals allowed per game (7.0).
- Stephen F. Austin ranks 21st in rebounds allowed per game (30.7) while LSU ranks 147th (35.4).