The Longwood Lancers and Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks will battle at Willett Hall to begin their seasons. Action begins at 3 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 11, 2017.
Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks vs. Longwood Lancers Odds Preview
Last season, Longwood did not make the tournament following a 6-24 regular season. Stephen F. Austin also was unable reach the tournament following an 18-14 regular season campaign.
It could be an error-filled game for the Longwood offense. Last season, Longwood ranked 324th in the NCAA in ball protection (turnover percentage of 21.6 percent), while the pesky defense of Stephen F. Austin forced the 11th-most turnovers in the NCAA (23.5 percent). Furthermore, the Lumberjacks, who ranked 29th in offensive rebounding percentage (35.0 percent), will attempt to take advantage of the Lancers, who ranked 333rd in defensive rebounding percentage (66.0 percent).
The Lumberjacks won the sole game against the Lancers last season, 66-60. The Lumberjacks dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had an absurd offensive rebounding percentage of 34.3 and a ridiculous free throw rate of 0.429. For those same stats, the Lancers recorded marks of 7.4 and 0.143, respectively.
Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks at Longwood Lancers Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Longwood, ATS Winner – Longwood, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Lumberjacks rank 221st in assists per game (12.4) while the Lancers rank 290th (10.8).
- Longwood ranks 18th in blocks allowed per game (2.4) while Stephen F. Austin ranks 86th (3.1).
- Stephen F. Austin ranks 12th in rebounds allowed per game (30.7) while Longwood ranks 280th (38.0).
- The Lumberjacks rank 94th in steals per game (6.8) while the Lancers rank 250th in steals allowed per game (7.9).
- Stephen F. Austin ranks 27th in three pointers allowed per game (17.9) while Longwood ranks 153rd (21.0).