SthLnd foes will clash when the Southeastern Louisiana Lions (6-7) clash with the Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks (11-2) at University Center. Tip-off is set for 8 p.m. ET on Thursday, December 28, 2017.
Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks at Southeastern Louisiana Lions Odds Preview,
In the Lumberjacks last game, they won big over the Arlington Baptist Patriots, 116-66. Kevon Harris was the top scorer from either team with 29 points on 11-for-16 shooting. Stephen F. Austin dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a ridiculous offensive rebounding percentage of 46.7 (above their season average of 36.5) and a turnover percentage of 12.4 (better than their season average of 18.2). For those same stats, Arlington Baptist put up marks of 19.4 and 26.1, respectively.
The Lions are hoping for a better outcome after their 86-50 loss to the Notre Dame Fighting Irish in their last game. Jordan Capps was Southeastern Louisiana’s high scorer with 17 points on 7-for-15 shooting. Notre Dame did an excellent job of converting from the free throw line (19-22; 86.4 percent). Southeastern Louisiana, on the other hand, held the Fighting Irish to an offensive rebounding percentage of 25.0 (below the 33.7 mark opponents have averaged against Southeastern Louisiana this season).
This has potential to be a mistake-prone game for the offense of Southeastern Louisiana. Southeastern Louisiana ranks 304th in the nation in ball protection (turnover percentage of 21.6 percent), while the disruptive defense of Stephen F. Austin forces the ninth-most turnovers in the nation (31.0 percent). Moreover, the Lumberjacks, who rank 36th in offensive rebounding percentage (37.2 percent), will go head-to-head against the Lions, who rank 314th in defensive rebounding percentage (67.1 percent).
Harris has really been playing well over the last five games for Stephen F. Austin, averaging 19.4 points per game.
This is the first time these teams will battle this year. The Lumberjacks won the lone game played against each other last season, 60-52. Stephen F. Austin had a much better turnover percentage (19.0 vs. 24.6). Southeastern Louisiana, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (41.2 vs. 26.5).
Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks vs. Southeastern Louisiana Lions Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Stephen F. Austin, ATS Winner – Stephen F. Austin, O/U – Under
- The Lumberjacks average 2.6 blocks per game, which ranks 134th in the NCAA. The Lions rank 142nd in blocks allowed per game (4.4).
- Stephen F. Austin ranks 17th in rebounds allowed per game (30.0) while Southeastern Louisiana ranks 156th (35.6).
- The Lumberjacks rank 26th in three pointers allowed per game (18.8) while the Lions rank 136th (22.0).
- Southeastern Louisiana averages 7.4 steals per game, which ranks 61st in the nation. Stephen F. Austin ranks 140th in steals allowed per game (7.5).
- The Lions average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 4.8, up from 0.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Lumberjacks have scored an average of 89.2 points per game (5.0 above their season average) and allowed an average of 75.0 points per game (6.4 above their season average).