The Louisiana Tech Bulldogs (6-1) will be at home in Thomas Assembly Center when they go head-to-head against the Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks (7-1). Action begins at 7:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday, December 6, 2017.
Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks at Louisiana Tech Bulldogs Odds Preview
The Lumberjacks won a close one over the Louisiana-Monroe Warhawks in their last game, 68-65. TJ Holyfield was the top scorer from either team with 24 points on 8-for-9 shooting. The Lumberjacks had a turnover percentage of 12.5 (better than their season average of 20.1) and held the Warhawks to an offensive rebounding percentage of 21.4 (below their season average of 37.1).
The last time the Bulldogs played, they dismantled the Miles Golden Bears, 106-55. Louisiana Tech received a boost from Jalen Harris, who put up 13 points and seven rebounds. Louisiana Tech played a perfect game. They had a ridiculous free throw rate of 0.333 (above their season average of 0.328) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.675 (above their season average of 0.521). For those same stats, Miles put up marks of 0.153 and 0.390, respectively.
Points could be at a premium as a pair of the NCAA’s top defenses clash. Louisiana Tech ranks 21st in defensive efficiency (94.7) and Stephen F. Austin is 48th (97.3) dating back to last season. Also, the Lumberjacks have been among the NCAA’s best at getting to the line, ranking 20th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.305). The Bulldogs, however, rank 31st in opponents FTA rate (0.191).
Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks at Louisiana Tech Bulldogs Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Stephen F. Austin, ATS Winner – Stephen F. Austin, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Bulldogs rank 142nd in three pointers attempted per game (22.0) while the Lumberjacks rank 281st (18.2).
- Stephen F. Austin ranks 14th in rebounds allowed per game (30.5) while Louisiana Tech ranks 136th (34.6).
- Louisiana Tech ranks 36th in assists per game (15.9) while Stephen F. Austin ranks 225th (12.4).
- The Bulldogs rank 78th in steals allowed per game (5.6) while the Lumberjacks rank 243rd (7.3).
- Louisiana Tech ranks 18th in blocks per game (5.3) while Stephen F. Austin ranks 176th (3.0).