The Long Beach State 49ers (3-6) will be at home in The Walter Pyramid when they challenge the Stanford Cardinal (4-5). Tip-off is set for 5 p.m. ET on Sunday, December 3, 2017.
Stanford Cardinal at Long Beach State 49ers Odds Preview
In the Cardinal’s last matchup, they were victorious over the Montana Grizzlies, 70-54. With 12 points and 12 rebounds, Stanford’s Michael Humphrey played well. Stanford played a nearly perfect game. They had a ridiculous free throw rate of 0.521 (above their season average of 0.356) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.469 (below their season average of 0.503). Montana put up marks of 0.185 and 0.323, respectively, for those same stats.
The 49ers are trying to rebound after their 106-70 loss to the Fresno State Bulldogs in their last outing. With 11 points, Long Beach State’s Deishuan Booker played well. Fresno State had an offensive rebounding percentage of 50.0 (above their season average of 31.5). Long Beach State, meanwhile, had a free throw rate of 0.380 (above their season average of 0.233).
This game should be a battle of opposite paces. Dating back to the 2016-17 season, Long Beach State has preferred an up-tempo style of play (49th in possessions per game), while Stanford has been more methodical (179th in possessions per game).
These two teams are complete opposites in terms of the O/U total. Games including Stanford have finished under 55.6 percent of the time, while Long Beach State games have finished over 57.1 percent of the time. The Cardinal hold the significant advantage straight up (SU) (4-5 vs. 3-6), but the 49ers have the better against the spread (ATS) record (4-3 vs. 2-7).
Stanford Cardinal vs. Long Beach State 49ers Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Stanford, ATS Winner – Long Beach State, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The 49ers rank 284th in three pointers attempted per game (18.3) while the Cardinal rank 325th (16.1).
- Stanford ranks 186th in rebounds per game (35.4) while Long Beach State ranks 221st in rebounds allowed per game (36.5).
- Stanford ranks 126th in steals per game (6.5) while Long Beach State ranks 271st in steals allowed per game (7.6).
- The Cardinal average 13.5 assists per game, which ranks 168th in the nation. The 49ers rank 241st in assists allowed per game (14.5).
- Stanford ranks 200th in blocks allowed per game (3.7) while Long Beach State ranks 243rd (4.1).