Pac-12 foes will battle when the Colorado Buffaloes (14-10, 6-6 Pac-12) challenge the Stanford Cardinal (13-12, 7-5 Pac-12) at Coors Events Center. Colorado opened as a 2.5-point favorite, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 141.5 points. Tip-off is set for 4 p.m. ET on Sunday, February 11, 2018, and it can be seen on Pac-12 Network.
Stanford Cardinal at Colorado Buffaloes Odds Preview
In the Cardinal’s last matchup, they lost to the Utah Runnin’ Utes, 75-60. With 16 points on 6-for-14 shooting, Reid Travis was Stanford’s high scorer. Utah had a turnover percentage of 8.6 (better than their season average of 16.2). Stanford, meanwhile, held the Runnin’ Utes to an offensive rebounding percentage of 18.8 (below their season average of 25.0).
The Buffaloes come in on a high note after topping the California Golden Bears in their last game, 68-64. With 17 points on 3-for-7 shooting, McKinley Wright IV was the games leading scorer. The Buffaloes had a phenomenal free throw rate of 0.432 (above their season average of 0.235) and held the Golden Bears to an effective field goal percentage of 0.408 (below their season average of 0.463).
It could be a tough game for Colorado on the offensive glass. The Buffaloes currently rank 199th in offensive rebounding percentage (28.6 percent), while Stanford ranks 65th in defensive rebounding percentage (74.2 percent).
Of Stanford’s 25 games, 15 have finished under the projected point total, while 13 of Colorado’s 24 games have finished under the O/U total. The Buffaloes have the superior straight up (SU) record (14-10 vs. 13-12), but both teams are right around the .500 mark against the spread (ATS).
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams, after the Buffaloes won both matchups last season. In the last game, Colorado won 91-72. The Buffaloes dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a fantastically low turnover percentage of 7.9 and a ridiculous effective field goal percentage of 0.653. The Cardinal recorded marks of 12.8 and 0.508, respectively, for those same stats.
Stanford Cardinal at Colorado Buffaloes Prediction
Free College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Colorado, ATS Winner – Colorado, O/U – Under
- The Cardinal rank 211th in steals per game (5.0) while the Buffaloes rank 233rd (4.6).
- Stanford is 3-6 ATS on the road with 7 unders and 2 overs.
- At home, Colorado is 8-4 ATS with 6 overs and 6 unders.
- Colorado averages 3.7 blocks per game, which ranks 89th in the NCAA. Stanford ranks 186th in blocks allowed per game (4.6).
- The Buffaloes rank 178th in three pointers attempted per game (21.3) while the Cardinal rank 269th (18.1).
- Stanford averages 37.9 rebounds per game, which ranks 66th in the nation. Colorado ranks 137th in rebounds allowed per game (34.5).
- Colorado is 2-3 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Stanford is 3-2 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Buffaloes have been outscored by an average of 3.4 points in their last five games. On the season, Colorado has defeated opponents by an average of 0.4 points.
- During their last five games, the Cardinal have scored an average of 74.6 points per game (0.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 73.0 points per game (1.6 below their season average).