The St. Francis Brooklyn Terriers (3-8) can end a six-game road losing streak when they meet the Saint Peter’s Peacocks (5-5) at Yanitelli Center. Action starts at 2 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 23, 2017.
St. Francis Brooklyn Terriers at Saint Peter’s Peacocks Free Preview
In the Terriers last game, they dismantled the SUNY-Maritime Privateers, 88-67. Jalen Jordan was the games leading scorer with 18 points on 4-for-11 shooting. St. Francis Brooklyn dominated every stat category in the game. They had a phenomenal offensive rebounding percentage of 34.0 (above their season average of 24.9) and a turnover percentage of 15.0 (better than their season average of 16.7). SUNY-Maritime recorded marks of 10.8 and 22.4, respectively, for those same stats.
The Peacocks will look to maintain momentum after topping the LIU Brooklyn Blackbirds in their last matchup, 71-56. Saint Peter’s Mamadou Ndiaye was a key piece with 16 points and 11 rebounds. Saint Peter’s dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a turnover percentage of 11.7 (better than their season average of 15.8) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.425 (below their season average of 0.491). LIU Brooklyn was 15.6 and 0.353, respectively, for those same stats. Saint Peter’s could dominate on defense as they face off against one of the worst offenses in the nation. The Peacocks rank 60th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.466), while St. Francis Brooklyn is 339th in effective field goal percentage (0.465).
Davauhnte Turner has been excellent over the last five games for Saint Peter’s, averaging 12.2 points and 5.2 rebounds per game.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams. The Peacocks won the sole contest played against each other last season, 65-58. The Peacocks played a nearly perfect game. They had an absurd free throw rate of 0.522 and a great offensive rebounding percentage of 32.4. The Terriers were 0.220 and 23.4, respectively, for those same stats.
St. Francis Brooklyn Terriers at Saint Peter’s Peacocks ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Saint Peter’s, ATS Winner – Saint Peter’s, O/U – Over
- he Peacocks rank 194th in assists per game (12.1) while the Terriers rank 237th (10.7).
- aint Peter’s allows the 20th-fewest steals per game (4.8) while St. Francis Brooklyn ranks 49th (6.0).
- t. Francis Brooklyn ranks fifth in three pointers allowed per game (17.7) while Saint Peter’s ranks 115th (21.5).
- he Terriers rank 172nd in rebounds per game (35.4) while the Peacocks rank 227th (33.1).
- aint Peter’s ranks 34th in blocks allowed per game (2.5) while St. Francis Brooklyn ranks 84th (2.9).
- he Peacocks have outscored opponents by an average of 2.4 points in their last five games. For the season, Saint Peter’s has lost by an average of 1.0 point.
- uring their last five games, the Terriers have scored an average of 75.4 points per game (4.5 above their season average) and allowed an average of 73.8 points per game (1.0 below their season average).