The No. 5 Notre Dame Fighting Irish (5-1) will be at home in Purcell Pavilion at the Joyce Center when they clash with the St. Francis Brooklyn Terriers (2-5). Action starts at 2 p.m. ET on Sunday, December 3, 2017.
St. Francis Brooklyn Terriers vs. Notre Dame Fighting Irish Odds Preview
In the Terriers last outing, they dismantled the College of New Rochelle Blue Angels, 104-79. Glenn Sanabria led St. Francis Brooklyn in scoring with 19 points on 8-for-15 shooting. St. Francis Brooklyn dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an absurd offensive rebounding percentage of 52.0 (above their season average of 20.2) and a turnover percentage of 8.6 (better than their season average of 16.3). For those same stats, College of New Rochelle was 25.5 and 12.0, respectively.
The Fighting Irish are trying to rebound after their 81-63 loss to the No. 3 Michigan State Spartans in their last game. Bonzie Colson led Notre Dame in scoring with 17 points on 6-for-19 shooting. Michigan State had an offensive rebounding percentage of 48.4 (above their season average of 38.4). Notre Dame, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (14.6 vs. 16.4).
Notre Dame could have their way on the offensive side of the ball as their productive offense goes up against one of the worst defenses in the NCAA. The Fighting Irish rank 13th in offensive efficiency, while St. Francis Brooklyn ranks 261st in defensive efficiency dating back to the 2016-17 season. Also, the Terriers rank 276th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.219), while the Fighting Irish rank 23rd in opponents FTA rate (0.186).
St. Francis Brooklyn Terriers vs. Notre Dame Fighting Irish Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Notre Dame, ATS Winner – Notre Dame, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Fighting Irish rank 82nd in blocks per game (4.0) while the Terriers rank 120th in blocks allowed per game (3.2).
- Notre Dame is 29th in the nation with 5.1 steals allowed per game while St. Francis Brooklyn is 44th with 5.2 steals allowed per game.
- Notre Dame ranks 37th in assists per game (15.8) while St. Francis Brooklyn ranks 318th (9.6).
- The Fighting Irish rank 165th in rebounds allowed per game (35.1) while the Terriers rank 317th (41.6).
- St. Francis Brooklyn ranks second in three pointers allowed per game (15.3) while Notre Dame ranks 150th (21.0).