The St. Francis Brooklyn Terriers (3-9) can put an end to a seven-game road losing streak when they take on the Sacred Heart Pioneers (5-8) at William Pitt Center – West Gym. Tip-off is scheduled for 3:30 p.m. ET on Friday, December 29, 2017.
St. Francis Brooklyn Terriers vs. Sacred Heart Pioneers Odds Preview
The Terriers lost a close one to the Saint Peter’s Peacocks in their last outing, 71-68. With 25 points on 7-for-14 shooting, Rasheem Dunn was the top scorer from either team. Saint Peter’s had a free throw rate of 0.426 (above their season average of 0.172). St. Francis Brooklyn, on the other hand, had a better effective field goal percentage (0.509 vs. 0.444).
In the Pioneers last matchup, they were defeated by the Providence Friars, 89-75. With 11 points and five assists, Sacred Heart’s Sean Hoehn had a good performance. Getting to the charity stripe was one of Providence’s biggest advantages. They had 26 free throw attempts, while Sacred Heart had just 13.
It could be a tough game for St. Francis Brooklyn on the offensive glass. The Terriers rank 283rd in offensive rebounding percentage (25.8 percent), while Sacred Heart ranks 23rd in defensive rebounding percentage (76.0 percent).
This is the first time these teams will clash this year, after the Pioneers won both meetings last season. In the last matchup, Sacred Heart won 80-65. The Pioneers played a nearly flawless game. They had a great free throw rate of 0.302 and a fantastic effective field goal percentage of 0.604. The Terriers recorded marks of 0.200 and 0.442, respectively, for those same stats.
St. Francis Brooklyn Terriers at Sacred Heart Pioneers Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Sacred Heart, ATS Winner – Sacred Heart, O/U – Over
- The Terriers average 3.1 blocks per game, which ranks 133rd in the nation. The Pioneers rank 135th in blocks allowed per game (4.2).
- Sacred Heart ranks 34th in rebounds per game (40.0) while St. Francis Brooklyn ranks 251st in rebounds allowed per game (39.6).
- The Terriers rank 19th in three pointers allowed per game (17.6) while the Pioneers rank 171st (23.4).
- St. Francis Brooklyn ranks 48th in steals per game (7.8) while Sacred Heart ranks 149th (5.5).
- The Pioneers average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 2.6, down from 6.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Terriers have scored an average of 68.2 points per game (2.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 72.2 points per game (2.3 below their season average).