The First Four battle between the St. Bonaventure Bonnies (25-7) and the UCLA Bruins (21-11) will be played at University of Dayton Arena. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 154.5 points with UCLA set as a 3.5-point favorite. Action starts at 9:10 p.m. ET on Tuesday, March 13, 2018.
St. Bonaventure Bonnies vs. UCLA Bruins Free Preview
In the , the Bonnies fell to the Davidson Wildcats, 82-70. With 20 points on 6-for-15 shooting, Jaylen Adams led St. Bonaventure in scoring. Davidson did a fantastic job of converting from the free throw line (10-12; 83.3 percent). St. Bonaventure, meanwhile, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 38.9 (above their season average of 29.8).
The Bruins are trying to rebound after their 78-67 loss to the No. 15 Arizona Wildcats in the . Thomas Welsh led UCLA in scoring with 17 points on 7-for-13 shooting. Arizona’s free throw rate was their largest strength over UCLA. The Wildcats had a rate of 0.197 (below their season average of 0.293), while the Bruins posted a mark of 0.044 (below their season average of 0.267).
It might turn into a shootout as a pair of the NCAA’s top offenses battle. UCLA ranks 44th with 112.8 points per 100 possessions and St. Bonaventure is 47th (112.7). Additionally, the Bonnies rank 47th in turnover percentage (16.6 percent), while the Bruins rank 345th in opponents’ turnover percentage (14.9 percent).
Both of these teams tend to finish over the O/U total. Games featuring St. Bonaventure have gone over 55.2 percent of the time, while UCLA games have gone over 58.1 percent of the time. The Bonnies have the significant advantage straight up (SU) (25-7 vs. 21-11), but both teams are near the .500 mark against the spread (ATS).
Aaron Holiday has been impressive over the last five games for UCLA, averaging 28.2 points, 6.8 assists, 5.4 rebounds and 1.2 steals per game.
St. Bonaventure Bonnies vs. UCLA Bruins Odds Prediction
Basketball Pick: SU Winner – UCLA, ATS Winner – UCLA, O/U – Under
- The Bruins rank 74th in assists per game (15.1) while the Bonnies rank 147th in assists allowed per game (13.5).
- St. Bonaventure ranks 38th in steals allowed per game (5.3) while UCLA ranks 101st (5.9).
- UCLA averages 24.5 three pointers per game, which ranks 65th in the nation. St. Bonaventure ranks 258th in three pointers allowed per game (24.0).
- The Bruins rank 29th in blocks allowed per game (2.5) while the Bonnies rank 179th (3.8).
- UCLA ranks 31st in rebounds per game (38.8) while St. Bonaventure ranks 149th (35.6).
- The Bruins’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 0.2, down from 5.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bonnies have scored an average of 80.4 points per game (2.5 above their season average) and allowed an average of 78.2 points per game (7.2 above their season average).