The Syracuse Orange (10-1) look to snap the six-game winning streak of St. Bonaventure when they welcome the Bonnies (9-2) to Carrier Dome. The games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 136.5 points with Syracuse set as a 4.5-point favorite. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Friday, December 22, 2017.
St. Bonaventure Bonnies vs. Syracuse Orange Betting Preview
The Bonnies won big over the Northeastern Huskies in their last matchup, 84-65. Matt Mobley was the top scorer from either team with 23 points on 6-for-15 shooting. St. Bonaventure dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a fantastic free throw rate of 0.446 (above their season average of 0.345) and a turnover percentage of 13.9 (better than their season average of 14.5). For those same stats, Northeastern was 0.293 and 20.9, respectively.
In the Orange’s last matchup, they topped the Buffalo Bulls, 81-74. Syracuse was lifted by Oshae Brissett, who was the games high scorer with 25 points on 4-for-11 shooting. The Orange knocked down 24 of their 29 free throws (82.8 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.548 (above their season average of 0.485).
Half-court execution will be at a premium when two of the nations slowest-paced teams face off. Syracuse ranks 297th in possessions per game (67.2) and St. Bonaventure is 284th (68.2).
Games including these teams tend to go under the projected point total. St. Bonaventure games have finished under 62.5 percent of the time, while Syracuse games have finished under 55.6 percent of the time. The Orange have the sizable advantage straight up (SU) (10-1 vs. 9-2), but both teams are right around the .500 mark against the spread (ATS).
Brissett has been playing at a high level over the last five games for Syracuse, averaging 17.8 points, 10.2 rebounds and 1.4 steals per game.
St. Bonaventure Bonnies vs. Syracuse Orange Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – St. Bonaventure, ATS Winner – St. Bonaventure, O/U – Under
- The Bonnies rank 22nd in steals per game (8.6) while the Orange rank 78th in steals allowed per game (5.6).
- On the road, St. Bonaventure is 3-2 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over.
- Syracuse is 2-4 ATS at home with 4 unders and 2 overs.
- Syracuse ranks 153rd in three pointers attempted per game (18.1) while St. Bonaventure ranks 265th (16.8).
- The Orange rank 42nd in blocks per game (6.0) while the Bonnies rank 113th in blocks allowed per game (3.6).
- St. Bonaventure averages 13.2 assists per game, which ranks 155th in the nation. Syracuse ranks 223rd in assists allowed per game (16.5).
- Syracuse is 2-2 ATS with 3 overs and 1 under in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, St. Bonaventure is 2-2 ATS with 3 unders and 1 over.
- The Orange’s average margin of victory in their last five games has been 4.2, down from 9.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bonnies have scored an average of 77.2 points per game (0.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 67.6 points per game (1.6 above their season average).