The St. Bonaventure Bonnies (9-14, 5-5 A10) will be at Michael J. Hagan ’85 Arena to challenge the Saint Joseph’s Hawks (11-13, 4-7 A10) in an A10 matchup. Action begins at 6:30 p.m. ET on Tuesday, February 12, 2019, and can be seen on CBS Sports Network.
St. Bonaventure Bonnies at Saint Joseph’s Hawks Betting Odds
In their last game, the Hawks easily got past the Saint Louis Billikens, 91-61, while the Bonnies lost big to the VCU Rams, 85-55.
Saint Joseph’s dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an extraordinarily low turnover percentage of 7.0 (better than their season average of 12.6) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.661 (above their season average of 0.479). Saint Louis was 14.0 and 0.424, respectively, for those same stats. St. Bonaventure, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (15.6 vs. 18.4). Saint Joseph’s’ Charlie Brown played well, finishing with 28 points and nine rebounds. St. Bonaventure rallied around Courtney Stockard, who recorded 15 points and eight rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Osun Osunniyi led the Bonnies to a 73-47 victory. He notched a double-double with 10 points and 12 rebounds. St. Bonaventure’s 0.573 effective field goal percentage was its largest advantage over Saint Joseph’s, who had a rate of 0.336.
Half-court execution will be of utmost importance when a pair of the nation’s slowest-paced teams go head-to-head. Saint Joseph’s currently ranks 260th in possessions per game (67.7) and St. Bonaventure is 267th (67.6).
St. Bonaventure at Saint Joseph’s Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Saint Joseph’s, ATS Winner – Saint Joseph’s, O/U – Under
- Saint Joseph’s ranks 47th in three pointers attempted per game (26.0) while St. Bonaventure ranks 270th (18.8).
- The Hawks rank 31st in steals allowed per game (5.2) while the Bonnies rank 98th (6.1).
- St. Bonaventure averages 34.3 rebounds per game, which ranks 200th in the NCAA. Saint Joseph’s ranks 214th in rebounds allowed per game (36.5).
- The Bonnies rank 70th in assists allowed per game (12.0) while the Hawks rank 225th (15.3).
- St. Bonaventure ranks 38th in blocks per game (4.4) while Saint Joseph’s ranks 106th (3.3).
- During their last five games, the Hawks have scored an average of 71.6 points per game (1.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 71.8 points per game (0.3 below their season average).
- The Bonnies’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 2.8, up from 0.4 for the season.