The La Salle Explorers (10-15, 4-8 A10) will attempt to put an end to the six-game winning streak of St. Bonaventure when they welcome the Bonnies (18-6, 8-4 A10) to Tom Gola Arena. St. Bonaventure is a 2-point favorite on the opening line, while the games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 151.5 points. Action begins at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, February 13, 2018.
St. Bonaventure Bonnies vs. La Salle Explorers ATS Preview
The last time the Bonnies played, they were victorious over the Richmond Spiders, 97-88. With 12 points, 11 rebounds and six assists, St. Bonaventure’s Courtney Stockard had a solid performance. The Bonnies made 21 of their 22 free throws (95.5 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.576 (above their season average of 0.514).
The Explorers are trying to rebound after their 70-62 loss to the Saint Louis Billikens in their last matchup. B.J. Johnson led La Salle in scoring with 23 points on 8-for-21 shooting. Saint Louis had a free throw rate of 0.500 (above their season average of 0.297). La Salle, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (13.0 vs. 13.4).
La Salle might have trouble scoring as they clash against one of the nations best defenses. St. Bonaventure ranks 90th in defensive efficiency while the Explorers rank 228th in offensive efficiency.
Games involving these teams have typically gone over the O/U total. St. Bonaventure games have gone over 57.1 percent of the time, while 70.8 percent of La Salle games have gone over. The Bonnies come into this game with a clear advantage in terms of straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 18-6 SU and 10-11 ATS, while the Explorers are 10-15 SU and 8-14-2 ATS.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams. The Bonnies won the sole contest played against each other last season, 83-65. St. Bonaventure had a much better turnover percentage (10.8 vs. 19.0). La Salle, on the other hand, did an excellent job of converting from the charity stripe (17-22; 77.3 percent).
St. Bonaventure Bonnies at La Salle Explorers ATS Prediction
Free Basketball Pick: SU Winner – St. Bonaventure, ATS Winner – St. Bonaventure, O/U – Over
- St. Bonaventure is 5-7 ATS on the road with 7 overs and 5 unders.
- La Salle is 5-5 ATS at home with 9 overs and 1 under.
- La Salle ranks 132nd in three pointers attempted per game (22.4) while St. Bonaventure ranks 251st (18.8).
- The Bonnies average 35.7 rebounds per game, which ranks 141st in the nation. The Explorers rank 213th in rebounds allowed per game (36.5).
- St. Bonaventure ranks 42nd in steals allowed per game (5.2) while La Salle ranks 106th (6.1).
- La Salle is 1-4 ATS with 4 overs and 1 under in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, St. Bonaventure is 3-2 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Explorers average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 4.0, up from 1.7 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bonnies have scored an average of 83.0 points per game (5.4 above their season average) and allowed an average of 69.2 points per game (0.5 below their season average).