The Siena Saints (1-4) will be at home in Times Union Center when they go head-to-head against the St. Bonaventure Bonnies (3-2). St. Bonaventure is an 8-point favorite on the opening line, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 149 points. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 29, 2017.
St. Bonaventure Bonnies vs. Siena Saints ATS Preview
The Bonnies lost to the TCU Horned Frogs in their last game, 89-79. Courtney Stockard had a solid game for St. Bonaventure, recording 16 points and eight rebounds. TCU had an offensive rebounding percentage of 53.1 (above their season average of 28.1). St. Bonaventure, meanwhile, did a fantastic job of getting to and converting from the charity stripe (32-44; 72.7 percent).
In the Saints last game, they beat the Hofstra Pride, 85-76. Siena received a boost from Roman Penn, who finished with 14 points and 11 assists. The Saints had a fantastic effective field goal percentage of 0.686 (above their season average of 0.462) and had a free throw rate of 0.294 (above their season average of 0.207).
This has potential to be a sloppy game for the offense of Siena. Dating back to last season, Siena ranks 274th in the NCAA in ball protection (turnover percentage of 20.1 percent), while the pesky defense of St. Bonaventure has forced the 35th-most turnovers in the NCAA (21.6 percent). Furthermore, the Bonnies rank second in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.338), while the Saints rank 252nd in opponents FTA rate (0.266).
Of St. Bonaventure’s 3 games that accepted bets, two have finished over the O/U total, while 1 of Siena’s 2 games have finished over the projected point total. The Bonnies have the better straight up (SU) record (3-2 vs. 1-4), but the Saints hold the sizable advantage against the spread (ATS) (2-0 vs. 1-2).
The Bonnies won the only contest against the Saints last season, 81-74. St. Bonaventure had a better turnover percentage (15.1 vs. 19.8). Siena, meanwhile, had a better offensive rebounding percentage (40.9 vs. 37.5).
St. Bonaventure Bonnies vs. Siena Saints Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – St. Bonaventure, ATS Winner – St. Bonaventure, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Bonnies rank 269th in three pointers attempted per game (18.3) while the Saints rank 306th (16.9).
- Siena ranks 154th in assists per game (13.6) while St. Bonaventure ranks 187th in assists allowed per game (13.6).
- St. Bonaventure ranks 46th in steals per game (7.4) while Siena ranks 201st (5.7).
- The Bonnies average 4.2 blocks per game, which ranks 66th in the nation. The Saints rank 167th in blocks allowed per game (3.5).
- Siena averages 37.9 rebounds per game, which ranks 70th in the NCAA. St. Bonaventure ranks 127th in rebounds allowed per game (34.5).