A10 foes will collide when the Davidson Wildcats (9-7, 4-1 A10) go head-to-head with the St. Bonaventure Bonnies (12-5, 2-3 A10) at Belk Arena. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 145 points with Davidson opening as a 4-point favorite. Action starts at 7 p.m. ET on Friday, January 19, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPN2.
St. Bonaventure Bonnies vs. Davidson Wildcats Odds Preview
The Bonnies were beaten by the Rhode Island Rams in their last outing, 87-73. St. Bonaventure’s Courtney Stockard finished with 14 points and nine rebounds in the game. Rhode Island held the Bonnies to an offensive rebounding percentage of 25.0 (below their season average of 30.9). St. Bonaventure, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (9.8 vs. 13.2).
The last time the Wildcats played, they blew out the Fordham Rams, 75-45. Davidson was lifted by Jon Axel Gudmundsson, who was the top scorer from either team with 18 points on 6-for-9 shooting. Davidson played a nearly flawless game. They had a great offensive rebounding percentage of 32.1 (above their season average of 23.3) and a turnover percentage of 8.1 (better than their season average of 12.5). For those same stats, Fordham recorded marks of 14.8 and 16.5, respectively.
Based on each teams statistical profile, ball protection could play a significant role in this contest. Davidson commits the second-fewest miscues in the nation (turnover percentage of 13.7 percent), while the gambling defense of St. Bonaventure forces the 47th-most (opponents turnover percentage of 22.3 percent).
In terms of the O/U total, these teams are complete opposites. St. Bonaventure games have finished over 57.1 percent of the time, while games involving Davidson have gone under 66.7 percent of the time. The Bonnies have the significant advantage straight up (SU) (12-5 vs. 9-7), but the Wildcats have the better against the spread (ATS) record (7-7-1 vs. 7-7).
Kellan Grady has taken his game to another level over the last five games for Davidson, averaging 20.6 points per game.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams. The Wildcats won the lone game played against each other last season, 68-63. Davidson had a better effective field goal percentage (0.518 vs. 0.462). St. Bonaventure, on the other hand, had a better free throw rate (0.264 vs. 0.200).
St. Bonaventure Bonnies at Davidson Wildcats Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – St. Bonaventure, ATS Winner – St. Bonaventure, O/U – Over
- The Wildcats rank 35th in blocks allowed per game (2.6) while the Bonnies rank 128th (4.1).
- St. Bonaventure ranks 156th in rebounds per game (35.5) while Davidson ranks 235th (32.8).
- St. Bonaventure is 4-5 ATS on the road, while Davidson is 2-2 ATS at home.
- The total has gone under in 3 of the Wildcats 4 home games, while 5 of the Bonnies 9 road games have gone under.
- Davidson ranks 12th in three pointers attempted per game (28.9) while St. Bonaventure ranks 261st (17.2).
- The Bonnies rank 43rd in steals per game (7.6) while the Wildcats rank 176th (5.1).
- Davidson ranks 14th in assists per game (17.8) while St. Bonaventure ranks 140th (13.6).
- Davidson is 3-2 ATS with 5 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, St. Bonaventure is 2-3 ATS with 5 overs.
- The Wildcats average margin of victory in their last five games has been 15.2, up from 8.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bonnies have scored an average of 79.6 points per game (2.9 above their season average) and allowed an average of 78.6 points per game (9.4 above their season average).