The Southern University Jaguars (2-6) look to put an end to a six-game road losing streak when they challenge the UCF Knights (5-3) at CFE Federal Credit Union Arena. Tip-off is scheduled for 1 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 9, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
Southern University Jaguars vs. UCF Knights ATS Preview
The last time the Jaguars played, they lost big to the Tulane Green Wave, 95-76. Southern University’s Jarred Sam finished with 15 points and 10 rebounds in the contest. Tulane had an effective field goal percentage of 0.619 (above their season average of 0.534). Southern University, meanwhile, had a turnover percentage of 10.2 (better than their season average of 16.0).
The Knights will look to keep it rolling after just getting past the No. 24 Alabama Crimson Tide in their last matchup, 65-62. With 16 points on 6-for-10 shooting, Terrell Allen led UCF in scoring. The Knights held the Crimson Tide to an offensive rebounding percentage of 22.9 (below their season average of 29.7) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.548 (above their season average of 0.442).
UCF could dominate on defense as they square off against one of the NCAA’s worst offenses. Since the 2016-17 season, the Knights rank ninth in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.431), while Southern University is 319th in effective field goal percentage (0.472).
Southern University Jaguars at UCF Knights ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Southern University, ATS Winner – Southern University, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Jaguars rank 204th in steals per game (5.7) while the Knights rank 286th (4.4).
- Southern University ranks 263rd in assists per game (11.8) while UCF ranks 298th (10.9).
- UCF averages 40.5 rebounds per game, which ranks 17th in the NCAA. Southern University ranks 262nd in rebounds allowed per game (37.6).
- The Jaguars rank 107th in three pointers allowed per game (20.4) while the Knights rank 267th (23.9).
- UCF averages 4.2 blocks per game, which ranks 68th in the nation. Southern University ranks 227th in blocks allowed per game (4.3).