The Alabama Crimson Tide welcome the Southern University Jaguars to Coleman Coliseum to begin the new season. Action gets underway at 8 p.m. ET on Tuesday, November 6, 2018.
Southern University Jaguars vs. Alabama Crimson Tide Betting Odds
Alabama went to the tournament last season after a 19-15 regular season campaign that earned them a nine seed in the tournament. They reached the Second Round, where the Villanova Wildcats defeated them. Southern University, meanwhile, failed to reach the tournament following a 15-18 regular season campaign.
Alabama could have their way on defense as they face off against one of the country’s worst offenses. In the 2017-18 season, the Crimson Tide ranked 47th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.478), while Southern University was 345th in effective field goal percentage (0.449). Moreover, the Jaguars were among the country’s elite on the offensive backboards, ranking 43rd in offensive rebounding percentage (33.5 percent). The Crimson Tide, meanwhile, ranked 276th at securing defensive rebounds with a defensive rebounding percentage of 69.1 percent.
Southern University at Alabama Betting Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Southern University, ATS Winner – Southern University, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2017-Present):
- Alabama averages 5.3 blocks per game, which ranks 11th in the nation. Southern University ranks 206th in blocks allowed per game (4.0).
- The Crimson Tide rank 213th in assists per game (12.7) while the Jaguars rank 281st (11.2).
- Southern University ranks 179th in steals per game (5.7) while Alabama ranks 185th in steals allowed per game (6.6).
- The Jaguars average 39.3 rebounds per game, which ranks 18th in the country. The Crimson Tide rank 195th in rebounds allowed per game (35.6).
- Alabama ranks 239th in three pointers attempted per game (19.5) while Southern University ranks 309th (15.9).