The Southern Miss Golden Eagles (7-2) will travel to Intrust Bank Arena to go head-to-head with the Wichita State Shockers (5-4). The game will air on CBS Sports Network at 5:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 15, 2018.
Southern Miss Golden Eagles vs. Wichita State Shockers Betting Odds
In their last outing, the Shockers lost to the Louisiana Tech Bulldogs, 71-58, while the Golden Eagles easily got past the Southeastern Baptist Chargers, 111-66.
Southern Miss dominated every stat category in the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.269 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 43.5. For those same stats, Southeastern Baptist was 0.100 and 20.4, respectively. Wichita State, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (18.6 vs. 21.7). Erik Stevenson played well for Wichita State, contributing 16 points. Southern Miss received a boost from Cortez Edwards, who contributed eight points, 10 rebounds and 10 assists.
Getting to the line could be hard to come by for Wichita State in this contest. The Shockers rank 283rd in the country with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.245, while Southern Miss ranks 94th in FTA rate allowed (0.205) since last season.
Southern Miss at Wichita State ATS Pick
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Wichita State, ATS Winner – Wichita State, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2017-Present):
- Wichita State ranks 76th in three pointers attempted per game (24.0) while Southern Miss ranks 242nd in three pointers allowed per game (25.6).
- The Golden Eagles are 38th in the nation with 2.7 blocks allowed per game while the Shockers are 60th with 3.3 blocks allowed per game.
- Southern Miss allows the 14th-fewest steals per game (4.5) while Wichita State ranks 19th (5.8).
- The Shockers rank 112th in rebounds per game (39.8) while the Golden Eagles rank 252nd (32.5).
- Southern Miss ranks 46th in assists per game (15.7) while Wichita State ranks 166th (17.3).