The Alabama A&M Bulldogs (0-8) are off to a slow start and will try to get their first victory when they challenge the Southern Miss Golden Eagles (5-4) at Elmore Gymnasium. Action begins at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, December 13, 2017.
Southern Miss Golden Eagles at Alabama A&M Bulldogs ATS Preview
The Golden Eagles easily got past the Troy Trojans in their last outing, 89-71. Dominic Magee was the games high scorer with 27 points on 9-for-16 shooting. Southern Miss played a flawless game. They had a superb free throw rate of 0.302 (above their season average of 0.183) and a turnover percentage of 10.2 (better than their season average of 12.6). For those same stats, Troy put up marks of 0.075 and 18.9, respectively.
In the Bulldogs last matchup, they were dismantled by the Austin Peay Governors, 67-47. De’Edrick Petty was Alabama A&M’s high scorer with 10 points on 1-for-7 shooting. Austin Peay had a turnover percentage of 15.5 (better than their season average of 19.3). Alabama A&M, on the other hand, had a free throw rate of 0.410 (above their season average of 0.205).
It could be a mistake-prone game for the Alabama A&M offense. Since last season, Alabama A&M ranks 303rd in the nation in ball protection (turnover percentage of 21.4 percent), while the disruptive defense of Southern Miss has forced the 36th-most turnovers in the nation (18.5 percent).
The Golden Eagles won the only game against the Bulldogs last season, 63-55. The Golden Eagles played a nearly perfect game. They had an extraordinary free throw rate of 0.391 and a great offensive rebounding percentage of 29.6. For those same stats, the Bulldogs were 0.074 and 9.4, respectively.
Southern Miss Golden Eagles vs. Alabama A&M Bulldogs Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Southern Miss, ATS Winner – Southern Miss, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Golden Eagles rank 29th in blocks allowed per game (3.7) while the Bulldogs rank 157th (4.2).
- Southern Miss ranks 245th in rebounds per game (33.8) while Alabama A&M ranks 246th (32.3).
- Southern Miss ranks 44th in assists per game (13.1) while Alabama A&M ranks 237th (11.1).
- The Golden Eagles rank third in steals allowed per game (5.5) while the Bulldogs rank 180th (7.3).
- Alabama A&M ranks 100th in three pointers allowed per game (20.8) while Southern Miss ranks 243rd (25.1).