The Duquesne Dukes (9-3) and the Southern Illinois Salukis (7-5) face off at Orleans Arena. Tip-off is scheduled for 8:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 23, 2017.
Southern Illinois Salukis vs. Duquesne Dukes Odds Preview
In the Salukis last game, they got blown out by the Nevada Wolf Pack, 86-64. Southern Illinois Sean Lloyd had a good performance, leading the team in scoring with 12 points on 3-for-11 shooting. Nevada had an offensive rebounding percentage of 37.0 (above their season average of 26.9). Southern Illinois, meanwhile, had a turnover percentage of 12.2 (better than their season average of 17.5).
The Dukes hope to maintain momentum after barely hanging on to beat the San Francisco Dons in their last matchup, 67-65. With 20 points on 5-for-9 shooting, Mike Lewis II was the top scorer from either team. Duquesne played a nearly perfect game. They had a free throw rate of 0.250 (below their season average of 0.273) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 25.8 (below their season average of 36.9). For those same stats, San Francisco recorded marks of 0.185 and 23.3, respectively.
Half-court execution will be of utmost importance when a pair of the NCAA’s slowest-paced teams battle. Duquesne ranks 324th in possessions per game (66.4) and Southern Illinois is 257th (69.1).
Of Southern Illinois 6 games that accepted bets, three have finished over the O/U total, while 2 of Duquesne’s 3 games have finished under the O/U total. The Dukes hold the significant advantage straight up (SU) (9-3 vs. 7-5), but the Salukis have been better against the spread (ATS) (2-4 vs. 1-2).
Southern Illinois Salukis vs. Duquesne Dukes Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Southern Illinois, ATS Winner – Southern Illinois, O/U – Under
- The Dukes allow the 28th-fewest blocks per game (2.4) while the Salukis rank 59th (2.9).
- Duquesne ranks 66th in three pointers attempted per game (24.9) while Southern Illinois ranks 227th (18.9).
- The Dukes rank 11th in steals allowed per game (4.5) while the Salukis rank 90th (6.3).
- Duquesne averages 38.2 rebounds per game, which ranks 74th in the NCAA. Southern Illinois ranks 150th in rebounds allowed per game (35.3).
- The Dukes average margin of victory in their last five games has been 18.4, up from 10.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Salukis have scored an average of 75.0 points per game (2.4 above their season average) and allowed an average of 67.4 points per game (1.2 below their season average).