The UCF Knights (6-3) will be at home in CFE Federal Credit Union Arena when they square off against the Southeastern Louisiana Lions (5-3). Action begins at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, December 12, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
Southeastern Louisiana Lions vs. UCF Knights ATS Preview
In the Lions last matchup, they easily got past the Loyola (LA) Wolfpack, 80-53. Jordan Capps was the top scorer from either team with 21 points on 7-for-10 shooting. Southeastern Louisiana dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a turnover percentage of 20.9 (worse than their season average of 18.7) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.542 (above their season average of 0.499). Loyola (LA) had marks of 30.1 and 0.385, respectively, for those same stats.
The Knights come in on a high note after topping the Southern University Jaguars in their last matchup, 76-60. UCF was lifted by Tacko Fall, who was the games leading scorer with 18 points on 8-for-10 shooting. UCF played a nearly perfect game. They had a phenomenal offensive rebounding percentage of 33.3 (above their season average of 33.1) and a free throw rate of 0.226 (matching their season average). For those same stats, Southern University had marks of 19.4 and 0.145, respectively.
Half-court execution will be of utmost importance when a pair of the nation’s slowest-paced teams square off. UCF ranks 267th in possessions per game (66.3) and Southeastern Louisiana is 257th (68.9) since last season.
Southeastern Louisiana Lions at UCF Knights ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Southeastern Louisiana, ATS Winner – Southeastern Louisiana, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Lions rank 79th in steals per game (6.9) while the Knights rank 180th in steals allowed per game (6.6).
- Southeastern Louisiana ranks 46th in three pointers allowed per game (19.1) while UCF ranks 121st (23.7).
- Southeastern Louisiana ranks 126th in assists per game (14.1) while UCF ranks 235th (11.1).
- The Knights rank 38th in rebounds per game (40.5) while the Lions rank 142nd (35.9).
- UCF ranks 45th in blocks per game (4.1) while Southeastern Louisiana ranks 148th in blocks allowed per game (4.0).