The Grambling State Tigers (3-7) will be at home in Assembly Center when they challenge the Southeastern Louisiana Lions (6-4). Tip-off is set for 8 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 16, 2017.
Southeastern Louisiana Lions vs. Grambling State Tigers Odds Preview
In the Lions last contest, they dismantled the Southern-New Orleans Knights, 106-77. Jordan Capps led Southeastern Louisiana in scoring with 25 points on 10-for-13 shooting. Southeastern Louisiana played a flawless game. They had an extraordinary offensive rebounding percentage of 42.9 (above their season average of 35.9) and a turnover percentage of 14.7 (better than their season average of 18.8). For those same stats, Southern-New Orleans was 11.1 and 22.6, respectively.
The Tigers are trying to rebound after their 59-57 loss to the Louisiana-Monroe Warhawks in their last outing. With 11 points, seven assists and five rebounds, Ivy Smith Jr. had a solid performance for Grambling State. Louisiana-Monroe forced the Tigers into a turnover percentage of 20.8 (above their season average of 17.5). Grambling State, meanwhile, did an excellent job of making free throws (15-21; 71.4 percent).
It could be a mistake-prone game for the Grambling State offense. Grambling State ranks 209th in the nation in ball protection (turnover percentage of 20.5 percent), while the pesky defense of Southeastern Louisiana forces the 49th-most turnovers in the NCAA (24.0 percent). Moreover, the Lions are among the NCAA’s elite on the offensive backboards, ranking 42nd in offensive rebounding percentage (36.7 percent). The Tigers, meanwhile, rank 315th in defensive rebounding percentage (68.1 percent).
Smith Jr. has taken his game to another level over the last five games for Grambling State, averaging 19.8 points, 6.8 assists and 3.0 steals per game.
Southeastern Louisiana Lions at Grambling State Tigers Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Grambling State, ATS Winner – Grambling State, O/U – Over
- The Lions rank 197th in three pointers attempted per game (23.2) while the Tigers rank 250th (15.5).
- Southeastern Louisiana ranks 119th in blocks per game (3.0) while Grambling State ranks 150th in blocks allowed per game (5.2).
- Grambling State averages 8.3 steals per game, which ranks 16th in the nation. Southeastern Louisiana ranks 106th in steals allowed per game (6.3).
- The Lions rank 145th in rebounds per game (36.1) while the Tigers rank 226th (33.3).
- Southeastern Louisiana averages 14.4 assists per game, which ranks 116th in the nation. Grambling State ranks 182nd in assists allowed per game (16.3).
- The Tigers average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 4.8, down from 9.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Lions have scored an average of 77.8 points per game (2.9 above their season average) and allowed an average of 64.2 points per game (7.0 below their season average).