The Notre Dame Fighting Irish (8-3) will be at home in Purcell Pavilion at the Joyce Center when they clash with the Southeastern Louisiana Lions (6-6). Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, December 21, 2017.
Southeastern Louisiana Lions at Notre Dame Fighting Irish Odds Preview
In the Lions last matchup, they lost to the Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns, 82-74. With 23 points on 9-for-15 shooting, Marlain Veal was the top scorer from either team. Louisiana had an offensive rebounding percentage of 45.9 (above their season average of 39.1). Southeastern Louisiana, meanwhile, had a turnover percentage of 12.5 (better than their season average of 18.7).
The Fighting Irish come in on a high note after beating the Dartmouth Big Green in their last outing, 97-87. Notre Dame was lifted by Bonzie Colson, who was the top scorer from either team with 37 points on 15-for-21 shooting. Notre Dame played a perfect game. They had an extraordinary free throw rate of 0.356 (above their season average of 0.281) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 29.6 (above their season average of 27.6). For those same stats, Dartmouth was 0.127 and 18.2, respectively.
Notre Dame could dominate on the offensive side of the ball as their sweet-shooting offense squares off against one of the nations worst defenses. The Fighting Irish currently rank 21st in effective field goal percentage (0.578), while Southeastern Louisiana ranks 257th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.521). Moreover, the Lions, who rank 47th in offensive rebounding percentage (35.2 percent), will square off against the Fighting Irish, who rank 258th in defensive rebounding percentage (69.0 percent).
Southeastern Louisiana Lions vs. Notre Dame Fighting Irish Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Notre Dame, ATS Winner – Notre Dame, O/U – Over
- The Lions rank 131st in assists per game (14.0) while the Fighting Irish rank 168th in assists allowed per game (14.4).
- Notre Dame ranks eighth in steals allowed per game (4.5) while Southeastern Louisiana ranks 93rd (6.3).
- The Fighting Irish rank 56th in blocks per game (4.5) while the Lions rank 125th in blocks allowed per game (3.9).
- Southeastern Louisiana averages 22.1 three pointers per game, which ranks 148th in the NCAA. Notre Dame ranks 206th in three pointers allowed per game (24.5).
- The Fighting Irish’s average margin of victory in their last five games has been 9.2, down from 14.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Lions have scored an average of 76.0 points per game (1.8 above their season average) and allowed an average of 68.2 points per game (3.6 below their season average).