The New Orleans Privateers (14-14, 11-6 SthLnd) will bring the regular season to a conclusion when they take on the Southeastern Louisiana Lions (19-10, 13-3 SthLnd) at Lakefront Arena. Action begins at 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, February 28, 2018.
Southeastern Louisiana Lions at New Orleans Privateers Free Preview
The Lions easily got past the Northwestern State Demons in their last outing, 86-62. Jordan Capps was the top scorer from either team with 21 points on 9-for-13 shooting. Southeastern Louisiana dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a turnover percentage of 13.0 (better than their season average of 17.8) and a free throw rate of 0.235 (matching their season average). Northwestern State had marks of 24.4 and 0.145, respectively, for those same stats.
In the Privateers’ last game, they were blown out by the Nicholls Colonels, 78-64. Troy Green was New Orleans’ high scorer with 18 points on 5-for-8 shooting. Nicholls forced the Privateers into a turnover percentage of 30.3 (above their season average of 19.0). New Orleans, on the other hand, did an excellent job of converting from the free throw line (16-21; 76.2 percent).
It could be a mistake-prone game for the New Orleans offense. New Orleans ranks 345th in the NCAA in ball protection (turnover percentage of 22.7 percent), while the pesky defense of Southeastern Louisiana forces the 27th-most turnovers in the NCAA (22.2 percent).
Capps has been playing at a high level over the last five games for Southeastern Louisiana, averaging 19.2 points and 6.4 rebounds per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The Lions won 71-64. The Lions played a nearly perfect game. They had an effective field goal percentage of 0.538 and a turnover percentage of 16.9. For those same stats, the Privateers put up marks of 0.455 and 19.8, respectively. Capps was the game’s top overall scorer with 18 points.
Southeastern Louisiana Lions vs. New Orleans Privateers Betting Prediction
Free Basketball Tip: SU Winner – New Orleans, ATS Winner – New Orleans, O/U – Under
- The Privateers rank 94th in blocks per game (3.6) while the Lions rank 161st in blocks allowed per game (3.9).
- Southeastern Louisiana ranks 20th in assists allowed per game (10.9) while New Orleans ranks 180th (14.1).
- The Lions rank 62nd in steals per game (7.1) while the Privateers rank 209th in steals allowed per game (7.4).
- Southeastern Louisiana ranks 187th in three pointers attempted per game (21.1) while New Orleans ranks 311th (13.5).
- The Privateers have outscored opponents by an average of 0.2 points in their last five games. For the season, New Orleans has been defeated by an average of 0.3 points.
- During their last five games, the Lions have scored an average of 77.0 points per game (4.1 above their season average) and allowed an average of 63.0 points per game (6.3 below their season average).