The Samford Bulldogs (1-4) will be at home in Pete Hanna Center when they meet the Southeastern Louisiana Lions (2-3). Tip-off is scheduled for 2 p.m. ET on Friday, November 24, 2017.
Southeastern Louisiana Lions vs. Samford Bulldogs Betting Preview
The Lions beat the Kent State Golden Flashes in their last matchup, 70-66. With 22 points and five rebounds, Marlain Veal played well for Southeastern Louisiana. Southeastern Louisiana dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.314 (matching their season average) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.529 (above their season average of 0.464). For those same stats, Kent State put up marks of 0.194 and 0.435, respectively.
The last time the Bulldogs played, they were topped by the Valparaiso Crusaders, 88-67. Justin Coleman was Samford’s leading scorer with 18 points on 7-for-13 shooting. Valparaiso had an offensive rebounding percentage of 66.7 (above their season average of 34.4). Samford, meanwhile, had a turnover percentage of 11.0 (better than their season average of 17.1).
Samford appears to have the advantage on the offensive side of the ball. Since last season, the Bulldogs rank 67th in effective field goal percentage (0.533), while Southeastern Louisiana ranks 172nd in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.499). Furthermore, the Lions, who rank 23rd in offensive rebounding percentage (35.6 percent), will attempt to take advantage of the Bulldogs, who rank 297th in defensive rebounding percentage (68.2 percent).
Southeastern Louisiana Lions at Samford Bulldogs Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Samford, ATS Winner – Samford, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Lions average 6.8 steals per game, which ranks 94th in the nation. The Bulldogs rank 200th in steals allowed per game (6.7).
- Southeastern Louisiana ranks 163rd in blocks per game (3.2) while Samford ranks 259th (2.3).
- Southeastern Louisiana ranks 57th in three pointers allowed per game (19.2) while Samford ranks 293rd (24.6).
- The Lions rank 87th in assists allowed per game (12.3) while the Bulldogs rank 313th (17.0).
- Southeastern Louisiana ranks 42nd in rebounds allowed per game (32.6) while Samford ranks 195th (35.6).