The Southern Illinois Salukis (4-3) will be at home in SIU Arena when they take on the Southeast Missouri State Redhawks (5-4). The games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 146 points with Southern Illinois set as a 10.5-point favorite. Action starts at 8 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 9, 2017.
Southeast Missouri State Redhawks at Southern Illinois Salukis ATS Preview
In the Redhawks last outing, they were victorious over the UMKC Kangaroos, 91-87. With 14 points and 11 rebounds, Justin Carpenter had a good game for Southeast Missouri State. The Redhawks knocked down 23 of their 30 free throws (76.7 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.586 (above their season average of 0.538).
The Salukis are hoping for a better outcome after their 74-69 loss to the Saint Louis Billikens in their last matchup. Jonathan Wiley was Southern Illinois high scorer with 19 points on 7-for-11 shooting. Saint Louis had a turnover percentage of 10.8 (better than their season average of 18.0). Southern Illinois, on the other hand, did a fantastic job of making free throws (18-24; 75.0 percent).
It could be a difficult game for Southern Illinois on the offensive glass. The Salukis rank 197th in offensive rebounding percentage (29.1 percent), while Southeast Missouri State ranks 54th in defensive rebounding percentage (71.1 percent) dating back to last season.
Of Southeast Missouri State’s 4 games that accepted bets, two have finished over the O/U total, while 3 of Southern Illinois 5 games have finished over the projected point total. Both teams have decent straight up (SU) records (5-4 for Southeast Missouri State; 4-3 for Southern Illinois), but the Redhawks have the advantage against the spread (ATS). Southeast Missouri State is 3-1 ATS, while the Salukis are 2-3.
Southeast Missouri State Redhawks vs. Southern Illinois Salukis Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Southern Illinois, ATS Winner – Southeast Missouri State, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Redhawks are sixth in the nation with 4.6 steals allowed per game while the Salukis are 57th with 5.3 steals allowed per game.
- Southeast Missouri State ranks 198th in rebounds per game (31.9) while Southern Illinois ranks 246th (34.0).
- Southeast Missouri State ranks 60th in assists per game (14.1) while Southern Illinois ranks 257th (11.8).
- The Salukis rank 86th in blocks per game (4.0) while the Redhawks rank 217th in blocks allowed per game (3.2).
- Southeast Missouri State ranks 186th in three pointers attempted per game (21.5) while Southern Illinois ranks 297th (17.0).