The Saint Louis Billikens (6-6) will be at home in Chaifetz Arena when they take on the Southeast Missouri State Redhawks (6-6). Saint Louis is a 7-point favorite on the opening line, while the games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 140 points. Action begins at 7 p.m. ET on Friday, December 22, 2017.
Southeast Missouri State Redhawks vs. Saint Louis Billikens ATS Preview
The Redhawks fell to the Bradley Braves in their last matchup, 75-67. With 17 points on 3-for-12 shooting, Denzel Mahoney led Southeast Missouri State in scoring. Bradley held the Redhawks to an effective field goal percentage of 0.464 (below their season average of 0.544). Southeast Missouri State, meanwhile, held the Braves to an offensive rebounding percentage of 21.9 (below their season average of 36.7).
In the Billikens last matchup, they topped the Campbell Fighting Camels, 74-66. Saint Louis Hasahn French played a pivotal role with 11 points and 12 rebounds. Saint Louis dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 27.3 (below their season average of 30.3) and a free throw rate of 0.630 (above their season average of 0.310). For those same stats, Campbell put up marks of 11.4 and 0.283, respectively.
Half-court execution will be of utmost importance when two of the NCAA’s slowest-paced teams square off. Saint Louis currently ranks 328th in possessions per game (66.1) and Southeast Missouri State is 254th (69.1).
Games featuring these teams have typically finished under the O/U total. Southeast Missouri State games have gone under 57.1 percent of the time, while 55.6 percent of Saint Louis games have gone under. Both teams have respectable straight up (SU) records (6-6 for Southeast Missouri State; 6-6 for Saint Louis), but the Redhawks have the edge against the spread (ATS). Southeast Missouri State is 5-2 ATS, while the Billikens are 4-5.
Southeast Missouri State Redhawks at Saint Louis Billikens Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Southeast Missouri State, ATS Winner – Southeast Missouri State, O/U – Under
- Southeast Missouri State ranks 159th in three pointers attempted per game (21.8) while Saint Louis ranks 241st (18.3).
- The Billikens rank 67th in blocks per game (4.3) while the Redhawks rank 146th in blocks allowed per game (4.3).
- Southeast Missouri State ranks fifth in steals allowed per game (4.2) while Saint Louis ranks 68th (5.8).
- The Billikens have outscored opponents by an average of 1.0 point in their last five games. For the season, Saint Louis has lost by an average of 1.8 points.
- During their last five games, the Redhawks have scored an average of 78.0 points per game (0.9 above their season average) and allowed an average of 79.4 points per game (3.5 above their season average).