The Kansas State Wildcats (8-2) will be at home in Fred Bramlage Coliseum when they go head-to-head against the Southeast Missouri State Redhawks (6-4). Kansas State is a 19-point favorite on the opening line, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 145 points. Action begins at 8 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 16, 2017.
Southeast Missouri State Redhawks vs. Kansas State Wildcats Odds Preview
In the Redhawks last matchup, they defeated the Southern Illinois Salukis, 75-69. With 12 points and six rebounds, Daniel Simmons played well for Southeast Missouri State. Southeast Missouri State played a nearly perfect game. They had an absurd free throw rate of 0.380 (above their season average of 0.261) and a turnover percentage of 14.8 (better than their season average of 14.9). For those same stats, Southern Illinois recorded marks of 0.127 and 17.7, respectively.
The Wildcats are trying to rebound after their 61-54 loss to the Tulsa Golden Hurricane in their last matchup. Xavier Sneed led Kansas State in scoring with 15 points on 4-for-13 shooting. Tulsa held the Wildcats to an offensive rebounding percentage of 17.9 (below their season average of 33.1). Kansas State, meanwhile, forced the Golden Hurricane into a turnover percentage of 20.9 (above their season average of 17.0).
Kansas State could dominate on the offensive side of the ball as their productive offense squares off against one of the NCAA’s worst defenses. The Wildcats rank 31st in offensive efficiency, while Southeast Missouri State ranks 267th in defensive efficiency.
Games including these teams tend to finish under the projected point total. Southeast Missouri State games have finished under 60.0 percent of the time, while 57.1 percent of Kansas State games have gone under. The Wildcats have the better straight up (SU) record (8-2 vs. 6-4), but the Redhawks hold the substantial advantage against the spread (ATS) (4-1 vs. 2-5).
Both teams have had a player trending in the right direction over their last five games. For the Redhawks, it’s been Simmons, who has averaged 13.4 points, while the Wildcats have gotten great contributions from Kamau Stokes (18.2 points, 4.6 assists and 1.2 steals).
Southeast Missouri State Redhawks vs. Kansas State Wildcats Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Kansas State, ATS Winner – Southeast Missouri State, O/U – Over
- The Wildcats average 22.8 three pointers per game, which ranks 107th in the nation. The Redhawks rank 130th in three pointers allowed per game (21.5).
- Kansas State ranks 247th in rebounds per game (32.6) while Southeast Missouri State ranks 258th (35.0).
- Kansas State ranks 43rd in assists allowed per game (11.5) while Southeast Missouri State ranks 165th (13.3).
- The Wildcats rank third in blocks allowed per game (1.7) while the Redhawks rank 102nd (4.3).
- Kansas State ranks 22nd in steals per game (8.5) while Southeast Missouri State ranks 63rd (6.4).
- The Wildcats average margin of victory in their last five games has been 10.4, down from 15.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Redhawks have scored an average of 81.0 points per game (2.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 73.8 points per game (0.9 below their season average).