The Louisiana Tech Bulldogs (1-0) will be at home in Thomas Assembly Center when they take on the Southeast Missouri State Redhawks (1-0). The games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 149.5 points with Louisiana Tech opening as an 18-point favorite. Action starts at 7:30 p.m. ET on Monday, November 13, 2017.
Southeast Missouri State Redhawks vs. Louisiana Tech Bulldogs Betting Preview
The Redhawks defeated the Missouri Baptist Spartans in their last contest, 81-69. Denzel Mahoney was the top scorer from either team with 21 points on 5-for-9 shooting. The Redhawks had a much better turnover percentage (17.1 vs. 23.6) and had a better free throw rate (0.352 vs. 0.271).
The last time the Bulldogs played, they thoroughly outplayed the Texas-Tyler Patriots, 112-71. Louisiana Tech received a boost from Jalen Harris, who was the games high scorer with 25 points on 9-for-14 shooting. Louisiana Tech dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a turnover percentage of 10.7 and a free throw rate of 0.306. Texas-Tyler was 21.9 and 0.154, respectively, for those same stats.
Looking at effective field goal percentage, Louisiana Tech figures to have a significant edge. Since the 2016-17 season, the Bulldogs offense ranks 48th in that metric at 0.539, while the Southeast Missouri State defense ranks 337th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.552). Also, put-back points could be few and far between for the Redhawks. They rank 300th in the nation in offensive rebounding percentage at 25.4 percent, while the Bulldogs have been 45th-best on the defensive glass (defensive rebounding percentage of 74.3 percent).
The Redhawks have had records of 16-18 straight up (SU) and 15-13 against the spread (ATS) since last season. Games featuring Southeast Missouri State have had a slight tendency to finish under the O/U total since last season (53.6 percent).
Meanwhile, the Bulldogs, have records of 24-10 SU and 13-11 ATS since last season. Louisiana Techs games have had a slight tendency to finish over the projected point total over that same stretch (50.0 percent).
Southeast Missouri State Redhawks vs. Louisiana Tech Bulldogs Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Louisiana Tech, ATS Winner – Southeast Missouri State, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Redhawks rank 10th in steals allowed per game (4.6) while the Bulldogs rank 86th (5.7).
- Louisiana Tech ranks 139th in three pointers attempted per game (21.7) while Southeast Missouri State ranks 198th in three pointers allowed per game (21.8).
- Louisiana Tech ranks 15th in blocks per game (5.3) while Southeast Missouri State ranks 264th (1.9).
- The Bulldogs rank 74th in rebounds per game (37.7) while the Redhawks rank 298th (31.0).
- Louisiana Tech ranks 20th in assists per game (16.5) while Southeast Missouri State ranks 230th in assists allowed per game (14.2).