The South Florida Bulls (8-18, 1-12 AAC), who are currently on a five-game skid, look to get back in the win column when they go head-to-head against the UCF Knights (15-9, 6-6 AAC) at CFE Federal Credit Union Arena. The games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 123.5 points with UCF opening as a 13-point favorite. Action gets underway at 6 p.m. ET on Wednesday, February 14, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPNews.
South Florida Bulls at UCF Knights Free Preview
The Bulls were blown out by the Temple Owls in their last contest, 73-55. With 18 points on 9-for-12 shooting, Isaiah Manderson led South Florida in scoring. Temple held the Bulls to an offensive rebounding percentage of 21.2 (below their season average of 29.1). South Florida, meanwhile, had a better free throw rate (0.160 vs. 0.143).
In the Knights last matchup, they topped the Memphis Tigers, 68-64. UCF’s A.J. Davis played well, recording 20 points and nine rebounds. The Knights had a solid effective field goal percentage of 0.588 (above their season average of 0.474) and had an offensive rebounding percentage of 33.3 (above their season average of 30.4).
Half-court execution will be at a premium when a pair of the NCAA’s slowest-paced teams go head-to-head. UCF currently ranks 337th in possessions per game (65.2) and South Florida is 333rd (65.4). Moreover, the Bulls 332nd-ranked offense (offensive efficiency of 95.4) will clash against the Knights eighth-ranked defense (defensive efficiency of 93.5).
Of South Florida’s 22 games with betting action, 12 have finished over the projected point total, while 13 of UCF’s 19 games have finished under the projected point total. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Knights have a sizable advantage. They are 15-9 SU and 11-8 ATS, while the Bulls are 8-18 SU and 6-15-1 ATS.
These teams have already met once this season. The two teams combined to put up 140 points in that game, which was well over the projected point total of 118.5. The Knights won 71-69, but were unable to cover as 9.5-point favorites. UCF had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.592 vs. 0.474). South Florida, meanwhile, had a better offensive rebounding percentage (30.6 vs. 25.9). B.J. Taylor was the games top overall scorer with 25 points.
South Florida Bulls at UCF Knights ATS Prediction
Pick: SU Winner – UCF, ATS Winner – UCF, O/U – Over
- The Bulls rank 235th in assists per game (11.7) while the Knights rank 257th (11.0).
- On the road, South Florida is 3-5-1 ATS with 6 overs and 3 unders.
- UCF is 5-3 ATS at home with 5 unders and 3 overs.
- UCF ranks 98th in rebounds per game (36.7) while South Florida ranks 246th (33.4).
- The Knights average 4.0 blocks per game, which ranks 68th in the nation. The Bulls rank 162nd in blocks allowed per game (4.0).
- UCF ranks 50th in three pointers allowed per game (19.6) while South Florida ranks 96th (20.7).
- UCF is 2-3 ATS with 4 overs and 1 under in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, South Florida is 1-4 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Knights have been outscored by an average of 9.4 points in their last five games. For the season, UCF has defeated opponents by an average of 1.6 points.
- During their last five games, the Bulls have scored an average of 57.6 points per game (4.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 70.6 points per game (0.6 below their season average).