The South Florida Bulls (8-19, 1-13 AAC), who are currently on a six-game losing streak, will try to get back in the win column when they travel to Donald Reynolds Center to clash against the Tulsa Golden Hurricane (15-10, 8-5 AAC). The games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 134 points with Tulsa opening as a 13.5-point favorite. Tip-off is scheduled for 3 p.m. ET on Sunday, February 18, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
South Florida Bulls vs. Tulsa Golden Hurricane Odds Preview
The last time the Bulls played, they were beaten by the UCF Knights, 72-57. With 15 points on 6-for-10 shooting, David Collins led South Florida in scoring. UCF did an excellent job of converting from the charity stripe (15-19; 78.9 percent). South Florida, on the other hand, held the Knights to an offensive rebounding percentage of 13.0 (below their season average of 30.5).
The Golden Hurricane hope to maintain momentum after barely hanging on to beat the Connecticut Huskies in their last game, 73-71. Tulsa received a boost from Sterling Taplin, who was the top scorer from either team with 30 points on 10-for-12 shooting. The Golden Hurricane, who came into the game averaging an effective field goal percentage of 0.499, had a ridiculous mark of 0.670, while the Huskies had a free throw rate of 0.161 (below their season average of 0.249).
The physical Tulsa offense could be living from the charity stripe in this showdown. The Golden Hurricane currently rank ninth in the NCAA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.307, while South Florida is among the nations most foul-prone squads (giving up a 164th-ranked FTA rate of 0.230).
Both of these teams have typically finished over the O/U total. Games including South Florida have finished over 56.5 percent of the time, while 59.1 percent of Tulsa games have gone over. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Golden Hurricane have a significant advantage. They are 15-10 SU and 14-8 ATS, while the Bulls are 8-19 SU and 6-16-1 ATS.
Junior Etou has really been playing well over the last five games for Tulsa, averaging 14.6 points and 10.2 rebounds per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The two teams combined to score 117 points in that game, which was well under the projected point total of 136. The Golden Hurricane won 63-54, covering as 7.5-point favorites. The Golden Hurricane played a nearly perfect game. They had a phenomenal free throw rate of 0.418 and an absurd offensive rebounding percentage of 43.9. For those same stats, the Bulls were 0.118 and 25.7, respectively. Etou recorded a double-double with 17 points and 12 rebounds.
South Florida Bulls vs. Tulsa Golden Hurricane ATS Prediction
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Tulsa, ATS Winner – South Florida, O/U – Over
- The Golden Hurricane rank 228th in assists per game (12.1) while the Bulls rank 245th (11.7).
- Tulsa is 6-3 ATS at home, while South Florida is 3-6-1 ATS on the road.
- The Bulls have 7 overs and 3 unders in 10 road games.
- In 9 home games, the Golden Hurricane have 6 overs and 3 unders.
- Tulsa ranks 38th in rebounds per game (38.6) while South Florida ranks 243rd (33.1).
- The Bulls rank 89th in three pointers allowed per game (20.6) while the Golden Hurricane rank 281st (27.5).
- South Florida ranks 218th in steals per game (4.9) while Tulsa ranks 237th (4.5).
- Tulsa is 3-2 ATS with 4 overs and 1 under in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, South Florida is 1-4 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Golden Hurricane’s average margin of victory in their last five games has been 0.6, down from 1.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bulls have scored an average of 61.0 points per game (1.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 72.4 points per game (1.1 above their season average).