The Indiana Hoosiers (1-2) will be at home in Assembly Hall when they meet the South Florida Bulls (2-1). The games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 142 points with Indiana opening as a 14-point favorite. Action begins at 6 p.m. ET on Sunday, November 19, 2017.
South Florida Bulls vs. Indiana Hoosiers Free Preview
In the Bulls last matchup, they won a close one over the Stetson Hatters, 75-72. With 15 points, eight rebounds and seven assists, Terrence Samuel put together a good performance for South Florida. South Florida played a nearly flawless game. They had a free throw rate of 0.313 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 28.0. Stetson was 0.078 and 12.9, respectively, for those same stats.
The Hoosiers are trying to rebound after their 84-68 loss to the No. 22 Seton Hall Pirates in their last outing. Devonte Green led Indiana in scoring with 16 points on 6-for-14 shooting. One of Seton Halls largest strengths was getting to the charity stripe. They had 29 free throw attempts, while Indiana had just 12.
Indiana could have their way on the offensive side of the ball as their high-powered offense goes up against one of the nations worst defenses. Since last season, the Hoosiers rank 54th in offensive efficiency, while South Florida ranks 278th in defensive efficiency.
Since last season, the Bulls are 9-24 straight up (SU) and 12-16 against the spread (ATS). Since last season, games including South Florida have gone over the projected point total 57.1 percent of the time.
On the other hand, the Hoosiers, are 19-17 SU and 14-20-1 ATS since last season. Over that same stretch, Indianas games have had a tendency to finish over the projected point total (57.1 percent).
South Florida Bulls at Indiana Hoosiers Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Indiana, ATS Winner – South Florida, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Hoosiers rank 86th in assists allowed per game (12.2) while the Bulls rank 276th (15.6).
- Indiana averages 6.1 steals per game, which ranks 155th in the nation. South Florida ranks 271st in steals allowed per game (8.1).
- Indiana ranks 102nd in three pointers attempted per game (22.5) while South Florida ranks 303rd (16.9).
- The Hoosiers average 4.6 blocks per game, which ranks 48th in the nation. The Bulls rank 247th in blocks allowed per game (4.3).
- Indiana ranks 28th in rebounds allowed per game (31.8) while South Florida ranks 227th (36.8).